or Connect

Posts by scum1

False alarm. Turns out my daughter had the TV set on the PS3 which was off. I think the TV turns itself off if there is no signal. I turned that function off and switched the input to the cable box. So it appears all is well now. My wife hates when I just walk in and fix electronic issues like this though
Ok so I just got this TV set up this week and have been happy with it so far as far as picture when adjusted. Then today while i am at work my wife calls and says the TV won't turn on. She clicks power and it starts to come on(led light/click sound) then it just cuts back off with the screen never coming on. I'm going to look at it when I get home. Any suggestions? I know it is under warranty from Sharp and i also have the Black Tie protection for 4 years from Best Buy. I...
Got it! There is a button way at the bottom of the remote that reads HD Zoom. It is tiny and hard to read but it is there and it fixes my problem totally. No way to get to this option without the remote that I could find.
I tried the settings but cannot find the "Normal, stretch, auto fit" settings anywhere in there. The reason I want my regular sd channels to fit the screen is that watching an sd movie channel I want to have 46" picture not a 38" square picture. Quote: Originally Posted by mikepier Sounds like the stretch option is on either on the TV or the STB. Make sure the TV's aspect ratio setting is set to normal. I have the 4250 HD and there is a setting...
Ok so all of the sudden my regular sd shows are showing up in regular format and not filling the whole screen. If I put the TV on stretch or zoom they fill it in but then the guide is half cut off when you look at it as well as the HD channels. Until this week none of this happened. My SD channels were 16.9 and my guide still fit the screen. My hd channels also fit the screen. There was a power blip last week. I have tried all the formats on my tv and messed with the cable...
Yes I could but I think I'll just stick with the DTA for now. I have the locals in HD on my other tvs.
I had to activate it and then do a channel scan on my tv. Now I have a bunch more channels(no HD). A lot of the channels are garbage like religious or Spanish) No offense just not something I will watch. I do have lifetime movie network, Hallmark, Id, Tru tv, bio, and some others. still have not figured it all out. Picture quality is lacking somewhat but my wife is really happy. I think I'll skip hooking up the other DTA for now. It says I should activate both at once but...
I rescanned and the 6xx channels showed back up. checked back about 30 minutes later and they were gone again
Glad it is just not me. I'll scan again and see if it last longer this time. Anyone know why this happens?
still wonder why my channels disappear though on the westinghouse. I unhooked the cheap symphonic wf3216(in the gameroom) from my standard cable box and hooked it directly to the cable. It has a qam tuner but found no digital channels at all? Been a decent tv since I bought it in like 2006 and it is hooked to my ps3 and xbox 360 as well as the standard cable box. Symphonic WF32L6 Features and Specifications Review: * Built-in HDTV tuner with QAM * Tuner...