or Connect

Posts by 777twist

I have tried searching... but I may not be using the correct terms. I have a 3808, and I used to have separate amps, NAD 2400, NAD 2100 and an Accurus (spell?). Anyway, I gave the Accurus to an Engineer friend because one channel stopped working, (the amps were over 16 years old). The NADs were clipping, and going into protection circuit too much which was aggravating. I was using the 2400 (I think) as a center channel amp, but I started to hear what I thought was a...
Hey all... I have a few questions. 1. My first and most important question is... what is the status light on the unit (not the wireless status, the other one). My goes red, so I end up turning off the SW and sometimes even unplugging it to get a blue light again. I have no clue what this light means and why it keeps coming on. 2. I have mine hooked up via the LFE jack, but I also bought the Transmitter (actually came free), so if I bought another unit, I can hook up...
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm using B&W 805's as my mains. The room is small... but I used to be able to fill it with sound using my Acurus. Now everything just seems too low. And I guess it's not clipping all the time, but anytime there's a boom or loud bass. And that brings me to another thing... I'm running these speakers as "SMALL" in my receiver, where I used to run them as "LARGE." I started running them as small figuring, it would take the bass out...
Hey all, is there a formula or something to determine how much power you need in your setup. I have a Denon 3808, NAD2400, NAD2100, and I really don't have enough power in my fronts (NAD2400), so I was wondering if there is some math or something to figure out what I need. The Denon is 130 W/channel x 7 The NAD2400 is 100 w/channel x 2 The NAD2400 is 50 w/channel x 2 They say that these NAD's actually produce/handle more power than rated (if true, I don't...
I had an Acurus Amp that was awesome! I could really drive my B&W 805's without issue. I had an NAD2400 for my Rears, and a 2100 for my Center Channel. I thought my Acurus lost a channel, so I gave it to an Engineer friend who just vacuumed it out and it works fine now. I bought a Denon 3808 as most of my gear was 15 years old. So now I power my rears with the Denon, the center with the 2100 and the fronts with the 2400. IT CLIPS ALL THE TIME... even at...
Hey all, Yes Zone's fix does in fact work. I normally would get dropouts at least 2 times a night and some times even more. Since hooking up the splitter from Monoprice I haven't seen one dropout. However, not everything is roses... He does mention that there is an extra delay when going between SD and HD. The delay is a lot longer than I thought, it's still WAY better than having a dropout during a movie or game. But it is a pain. I normally keep my FIOS...
gturner... I'm about to order the splitter, my screen blanked 3 times tonight during the football game, and it's just getting ridiculous. I hope I'm not wasting 60 bucks... one thing I have noticed is that when the blank out happens, my FIOS boxes both blink their displays as well. I will report back if the splitter helps...
Back in the day I did lots of research... I don't have as much time now... how do I hook up two subs? Does the receiver have multiple sub outs? I haven't looked at the back of my receiver since I hooked it up. Or am I splitting the main sub output?
Ok, so I bought this sub probably like 16 - 18 years ago for I think about a grand. It was a great sub for a long time... although lately it has been rattling like it's broke. Not sure if it's worth it fixing it, I may check. My question is do I have to spend a 1000 bucks to equal the quality of this sub, or can I go with spending 400, 500, 600, or what??? I'm not saying I won't spend a grand, but I'm just wondering with new processes and technology if things have...
Awesome job Zone555! A few things... I have the 3808 > XBR4 combo with these sources: PS3 WII FIOS STB1 FIOS STB2 I was all ready to purchase the splitter until FLOYD posted his issues. As for the power up, I'm a little confused about that... I thought the STBs were technically on all the time (even when off, mine still output a signal saying turn off box)? And for my setup, I always have one STB on all the time. Basically, I use the power button to...