or Connect

Posts by sportwarrior14

Thanks for the advice, fellas. I really had no idea where this would/should fall in terms of pricing. I'm still considering it, and at anywhere between 250-400 seems to be a bit more reasonable that $500. I might gun for 300-350. We'll see.
I think I was wrong on the number of hours, it's more toward 4-6k than 5-8, but still unsure of the specific number. $100? That's an interesting number. But I'm just really not sure, since comparable 1080p 42" tvs can be had new for anywhere from 650 to 900. Any other input on a ballpark price?
Yeah, I think I'm really getting hung up on all that stupid black level talk with the new plasmas. But it's not like a TV with like 8000 hours of use is gonna be any better.
So I have the opportunity to pick up a 2007 42PZ700U. It's been pretty heavily used over the past few years. I've seen the TV in action and it looks just fine, but the asking price is $500. That seems a bit steep. I'm not sure if it's kosher to ask for advice, but is there a rule of thumb when approaching used TVs of this age? It probably has anywhere from 5k to 8k hours on it since purchase, although I don't know for sure as I haven't had the opportunity to see view the...
Yeah, I just spent a good amount of time taking a loot at the set today side by side with a Sammy 32... Not only was it visibly jittery next to the 120hz Sammy, but the PQ just seemed a lacking in general. I mean, in the $500 price range beggars can't afford to be that picky, but still... it was definitely underwhelming. Really wish I had pounced on a Panny TCL32S1 when I had the chance a few months ago. The market for 32s right now seems to be pretty junky overall....
Hey all... I'm really just trying to find a good 32" set for my bedroom. It'd be for gaming, blurays, and occasionally as a computer monitor. I'd love to set up a 40" but that's just a bit big for me right now. I've narrowed down my current choices to the Sharp LC32LE700UN and the Sony KDL 32EX400. I'm intrigued by the Sharp and it's LED lighting, but the 32EX400 seems like an extremely solid buy. I can get both for right around my price range right now. Anyone have any...
Any help? I'm still rather lost, here.
The TV did work previously with its own built in speakers. It was never hooked up to an external audio system or anything. However, this all stems from some very inexperienced owners moving their TV setup and attempting to reconnect everything. When I got there, only one set of cables was plugged in correctly. The Audio cables from the Cable Box were plugged into the powered External Speaker Out ports on the back of the TV. I removed them and placed them in their...
I posted this in another forum here so this might get deleted or something... but I'd really like a response. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm completely stumped. I've got an Akai 42" plasma hooked up via component to a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable box. I'm getting crystal clear picture, but I'm getting absolutely no audio whatsoever. All 3 component cables and both audio cables are plugged into the Component 1 slots. I also have...
So I'm not even sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm completely stumped. I've got an Akai 42" plasma hooked up via component to a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable box. I'm getting crystal clear picture, but I'm getting absolutely no audio whatsoever. All 3 component cables and both audio cables are plugged into the Component 1 slots. I also have a DVD player plugged in via HDMI, and absolutely none of it is getting any sound to the TV. Is there...