or Connect

Posts by cv1981

Good question.... I'm not sure where they are meant to be put, never used one myself. Have noticed they always come packaged with any new plasma that I have bought though lol.
Do you mean ferrite cores?
Sounds like a setup issue, the U50 properly adjusted shows lots of shadow detail.
Yes it will work, I just tried with an old dvd player.
I can't really see the back of my 50U50 as it is wall mounted, but in setup and in the about section says the version is 1020-1030, if that helps any. I bought the tv back in about june 2012 I think.
My settings stay the same between both hdmi, change one, they both change.
My preference for movie viewing is a totally dark room, and sometimes movies have fade to black scenes....so it becomes quite apparent the panel is still glowing a very dark grey, not black.
Dark grey is about as good as it gets with this flat panel, when viewing a full black screen in a dark room.
Game mode on my U50 seems exactly the same as custom mode, at least picture quality wise, input the same settings, and you can change between the 2 modes and the screen stays exactly the same. Do that with the other picture modes and the tv flickers when changing between them. The costco version I think it is, the U54, does not come with a game mode, seems like Panasonic just put in a second custom mode and labeled it game on the U50.The HDMI settings seem similar on the...
Maybe you are having a different problem than I have with it, it does look like static on mine when a pure black screen comes up, but it isn't static, just a massive amount of dithering, which does look like snow, but this only happens to me when I have my brightness from around 55-59, once I drop to about 50 or less it goes away. This doesn't happen on my tv when I am in cinema mode though, just every other picture mode.