or Connect

Posts by klutch

That's awesome! That's exactly what I'm doing with mine. Every TV in my house has one of the Live's and this SMP is my beta in my theater where I'm the primary one dealing with it. My Test/DEV if you willThe link to the app I posted is nice because if you have a huge library you can get the initial metadata for everything and then envision if the integrated one with WD works well I can use it going forward as new stuff is added. The last thing I need is for the WD to...
In case you guys hadn't heard about it a guy that hangs out over at the WD forums wrote a little .net app that you can scan your shares and it'll download the metadata/covers for you and put them in your movie folders. He wrote it for the Hub but they use the same format. It'll give you more control over getting the proper metadata and save you from having to scan your shares. In my case I have a 12TB NAS and it'd take forever using the built in version of the media...
Cord cutting is never going to work. Before long we'll just have $150 a month high speed internet bills that are capped. Many are already shuffling the caps in place for the first phase. So yeah, you might get rid of cable boxes and figure out how to stream everything but you'll just be paying for it through the high speed connection bill.
This is always what scares me about WD. I currently have 4 of the WD Live in my home. Everytime they come out with a new firmware they try to add too many things and ends up breaking other stuff or not addressing ongoing issues. I have no problem with them adding features but more importantly address the basic functionality parts, that's the most critical. The Live and Live + never even made it to a 2.x version of the firmware and now they are abandoning updating of...
Network share support! WOO HOO!Question for you, does it download the .jpg and store them with the movie permanently or doesn't it create an .xml file that references the internet and pull them down each time you access the movie/folder (both folder.jpgs and backdrops)?Hopefully the former. With more inet providers starting to cap "unlimited" connections I sure hope it isn't pulling them down over and over again.
I'm pretty sure that WDLXTV isn't for the model covered in this topic, the SMP. I believe the WDLXTV only applies to the original Live and Live+ but may be wrong.
Not sure about your specific issue, there are permissions with Win 7/2008 that could be your problem but this is specifically a thread about the new WD Live SMP.
I have a bit of a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm using 7 Pro with Sharks 2.5.3 and MPC as the external player. I have my projector set up with DVI and optical and also run a HDMI cable to my Plasma in the other room with no receiver. I use the HTPC with only one at a time. It works well except one the plasma, when playing video files the audio is just a static type of sound. I can manually launch the files using VLC or WMP and the audio is perfect. ...
Not really know what all these settings do is there a post anywhere in these 160 pages for optimal calibration on the 3800?
Renethx, I have a question for you. I went with the GB h57m-usb3 board and in the manual it says this about the HDMI audio port. "Please note the HDMI audio output only supports AC3, DTS and 2-channel-LPCM formats. (AC3 and DTS require the use of an external decoder for decoding.)" Since this wasn't the board you specified I looked at the manual for the h55mud2h and it says the same thing. This seems to contradict the chart you posted that the i3 Clarkdale boards...