or Connect

Posts by swiat

It's strange. If I program the DirecTV Am-21 receiver it will get WPVN on 24-1 when I choose Milwaukee as the secondary market and tune 24-1. I think it's a hiccup in the guide. But we'd all like to see 26-5 THIS on the tuner. No luck for over 2 years. The channels on the AM-21 are locked down by DirecTV. Good luck getting WPVN. I doubt it'll happen. I don't get why WWTO is in the guide if less than 10% of viewers in the area can get their signal. DirecTV has...
Too bad their transmitter is so weak...
source: Northpine.com and http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/491563-Fox_O_Os_Weigel_Launch_Movies_Digi_Net.php Fox O&Os, Weigel Launch Movies! Digi-Net Another player in crowded entertainment subchannel space By Michael Malone -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/28/2013 1:58:33 PM Fox Television Stations and Weigel Broadcasting are partnering on Movies!, a film-themed subchannel launching in 17 Fox-owned markets this spring. The network's aim is "to create a new...
moved
WCHU and W25DW reception sucks for 3/4 of the metro viewing area do to the low power and highly SW directional antenna. I wish they would just go off the air and stop interfering with WCGV and WITI, which generally has better programming anyhow.
So it really makes no sense at all to use the suffix if it is not being enforced nor is there a consistent scheme. It seems the call letters and city at the +/- 5 mins of the hour are sufficient just like radio.
Why is WLS identifying itself as "WLS-TV / WLS-DT Chicago?" The official FCC database has it listed as "WLS-TV" even though it is an ATSC station. http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WLS&city=&state= For that matter, why are any stations listed as "-DT?" It seems like a legacy distinguisher left from the time when there was analog and digital TV signals for the same station. It's just not technically correct to use -DT now from what I can tell. I see stations...
So channel 7 RF (not 44) is finally off the air?
Must Carry rules only apply to full powered stations right? So, a measly 400W station is probably not mandated to be carried.
Has WPVN moved to the Trump yet? Their website has not been updated in over a year.