or Connect

Posts by Lazarus Dark

This IS a Net Neutrality issue. I pay Comcast for the higher tier specifically to get Netflix in HD with no buffering. So for Comcast to take money from Netflix means they are double dipping, but in the end, I will be the one paying more when Netflix has to raise rates. So this is absolutely everything we feared. Comcast is going to raise prices for Netflix customers without actually giving customers anything in return.
If they allow for higher bit depth, color space, and dynamic range,then you don't even need 4k pixels to see the benefit on a 50" from ten feet. Even 1080p panels will look better if fed such a signal (provided the video transfer is pristeen. We have all seen that even 1080p bluray can look like crap if the transfer or source is bad) Content wise though, only newer films and lovingly transfered classics will actually benefit from this. So content will still be sparse. My...
I haven't made it to DoS yet, but I saw The Hobbit last year 3x in HFR-3d and I never want to go back. I found myself wishing every big action movie I saw this year was HFR, like Pacific Rim and Man of Steel. However, I will completely disagree with most here that I want a more "real" looking movie. I want "hyper-real", which is how I described The Hobbit last year in HFR-3D. It looked more real than real, which is better than looking "real" in my opinion. So many who...
That last line about the dust actually made me tear up slightly.
I'm hoping to get my dedicated room going very soon, but I've been planning it for years. I'm going to go with a combo projection size using zoom memory. I'm going to get a 16:9 120" screen, BUT I will be masking it to 2.40 for 99% of the time. Most of my blurays are 2.40, so I will keep it masked to that ratio most of the time. Most 1.78/1.85 etc movies, I will use the zoom memory to zoom in to keep a constant height on the 2.40 masked screen (and possibly have curtains...
Sony video removed... why does this not surprise me... edit: working now
That guy was a character. You should do another with him :P
I'm with this guy. I was fairly disappointed with the hdmi 2.0 announcement. 24hz is fine for regular movies, and most movies for some time, but he's right that just higher res is not really going to sell uhd to the regular consumers. They can't tell the difference on a 55" set from 9 feet away. But they will notice better colors, and especially full hd 3d. So we need 48hz at best quality. And while it will be a limited number of films for the next 5 years or so, I was...
1: There are other benefits. I'm not a big fan of 3d, but there are a couple movies I would like to watch in 3d at home, but I'm not wearing glasses in my living room, I barely tolerate that a couple times a year in the theater. 4k sets allow for passive full resolution 1080p 3d.A new BD spec will also allow for better color, which may actually give you more picture improvement than the resolution increase.You currently can not watch The Hobbit trilogy in HFR 3d at home,...
Well, he misspoke I believe when he said "only from Google Play", I think he was trying to say that it won't show photos from sd card or hard drive at launch, (though someone could easily make an app for it, maybe Astro browser will add in the functionality on Android). However, who in the heck doesn't have their photos in the cloud these days? It will show anything from the Chrome browser, so just go to your G+ photos or Tumbler or wherever you keep your pics.