or Connect

Posts by Dr. Toons

It was a system set up problem. I don't have anything coming out of the center channel when using my 5.1 analog outs. It just wasn't as noticible when I played the couple other DVD-As I have because of the way they're mixed. I'm glad the disk is fine, can't wait to get this resolved so I can really hear it.
Thanks everyone. It was my center channel. I haven't gotten it working yet, but I dialed down all the other channels and get nothing from the center. I went back to another DVD-A and had the same result. It just wasn't as noticable on my other DVD-As because of the mix. I am using the 5.1 analog outs and on a quick check all the connections look OK, I'll have to get my installation guy in to check it out - the way the cables are bundled and routed, its not easy to get at...
Thanks Larry, I'll double check my connections. I'm sceptical though, since I had the exact same result when I played the disk at the audio store. I agree it does sound like a set-up problem, between rechecking my system and trying another brand player I should get to the bottom of that.
No, I'm not that guy, but I did see that report. Its the only other one I've seen. The problem I'm having is not subtle, so I doubt that evertone would be fine with the results I'm getting. I'm hoping that its a bad batch of disks. I did remember that the audio store test was also on a Yamaha player (different model). I'll try to test this on another brand player to rule out a problem between Yamaha player and this disk.
Thanks, Ichiu7. I'm hoping that I hit a bad batch of disks. It did occur to me that the audio store I played the DVD-A at also had a Yamaha player (not the same model as mine). I'm going to try and hit a different store on the way home to see if I can duplicate the result on a different brand. If I can prove the disks I have are bad and everyone else that listens critically agrees that there's no problem with the DVD-A, I'll keep searching for a good disk. At this point, I...
I've checked and rechecked my system. I even took it to a higher end audio store to play it on one of their systems and they got the same results. I'm playing the DVD-A through the multi-channel outputs.
I already posted the message below in the thread about the release of the Beatles Love DVD-audio. Just hoping for additional feed back from anyone not monitoring that thread. I have been searching in vain for someone that has the same problem with the DVD-audio version of Love. I've now tried 3 disks from 2 different stores and on each disk the DVD-audio mix has the vocals turned down in the mix, almost like a karaoke disk with the vocals dialed back. I've checked my...
I have been searching in vain for someone that has the same problem with the DVD-audio version of Love. I've now tried 3 disks from 2 different stores and on each disk the DVD-audio mix has the vocals turned down in the mix, almost like a karaoke disk with the vocals dialed back. I've checked my system and even taken the disk to a high end audio store and got the same result. I have a Yamaha S657 DVD player that plays other DVD-audio and SACDs fine. When I first...