or Connect

Posts by wlhungdude

I'm running an Onkyo 818, and have tried , very unsuccessfully, to power a dual opposed, sealed sonosub using 2 Stereo Integrity 18, dual 4 ohm voice coil drivers, with 2 different brand new Behringer 3000 DSP amps. I'm getting very, very low output, and suspect it may be an issue with the Onkyo not putting out a strong enough signal. Joseph
that's why I'm doing it. I really, really like my HSU's. But I want to know what 'crushing' them is like... that's why I've dropped $1400 in drivers and amps, 3 hours driving time, the last 3 weeks of free time reading, and every free moment in between trying everything I can think of to make it work... It isn't without 'due diligence' I've gone this far. And it's probably something simple and stupid, but I've seen many people here, at HTS, and other sites that report...
ok, so I just took apart the Speakon, and moved the neg from 2+ to the 1- , effectively 'un-wiring- it from bridged mode, and changed the Berry to 'stereo' mode... hooked up to 'output A' and same result... tried 'output B' and nothing at all... so I know I've got it hooked up to the 1+ and 1- so no doubt I know where all the 1's, 2's, +- 's are.... I think I've eliminated it being a wiring issue from the amp to the sub , as well as ... the wiring inside the sub... I...
bare wires coming out of the sub (all kinds of glued in around the sonotube ) , upon which I attached a speakon, plugged directly into the amp.
I just took apart the speakon, and yanked like hell on each wire, and they're in there tight... Beast used some thick wire on these, and I trimmed them down to be just enough to fit. they're definitely in the 2 centermost holes, screwed down very tight.
wracking my brain here, but I've triple checked everything I can think of. I have a dual opposed sealed sonosub... one of Beast's old ones... with 2 SI 18 D4's , wired according to Crutchfield's diagram , coils in series, and drivers in parallel, to present a final 4 ohm load. I connected a Speakon 4 pole connector to the bare wires coming out with the pos. to +1, and the neg to +2, for bridged, and connected it to the Behringer 3000 dsp, channel A. This is a brand new...
Rhino, Did you catch the post where Stereo Integrity has decided to restock the 18" HT line? It'll be 3-4 months, according to them, but it looks like there will be more available , eventually. That said, if you really want the 24's... well... you should jump on them now, wallet permitting. IMO, and WAF be damned! Myself, I'd get 4 18's for the same $ as 1 24"er, but that's only because I already have 4... if I didn't, it'd be damn hard to decide between 8 18's ...
Sounds like good times. Hope to see lots of pics and reviews. Joseph
sorry for the censored website, but apparently it's not ok to discuss having a FAT, as in not thin, WALLET, when visiting a favored (dot) COM. and promoting them would probably earn another infraction point. so consider yourself warned...
targeted offer for the 150, but there is an available 100 off 500 purchase offer available when opening a new Blue Cash Everyday card. quick google search brings it up. sorry for the off topic discussion, but ************** finance forum has this and many, many more ways to save, and even make $, in very clever ways.... moral or ethical ways, different story