or Connect

Posts by ohioviper

To my knowledge the only one of those that can do 1080P is the PS3.
Amazon and Newegg.com have that HT-S5500 on special for $349. If you are limited fro space behind you can set up the extra 2 speakers up above the tv and run the Audesy set up it will configure them as a front high channels giving a good sound as well.
55" Class Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED TV with SmartTV (54.6" diagonal) 55LM6400 SUMMARY Screen Size TruMotion (Frame Rate) MPRT 55" 120 Hz 120 Hz PANEL SPECIFICATIONS Screen Size Class (diagonal) Resolution BLU Type Response Time Local Dimming Dynamic Contrast Ratio 55" Class (54.6" diagonal) 1920 x 1080p Edge LED Plus TruMotion 120Hz Yes 7,000,000:1 BROADCASTING SYSTEM Analog Digital Yes ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM (1 Tuner) VIDEO Triple XD Engine Resolution Upscaler...
Ive had the 6400 from Sams for a little over a month now and I love it. Great picture and 3d is amazing.
Update I bought this set a little over a month ago now and I have to say I am very happy with it. Great picture and 3d works great. Matched it up to a Onkyo HT-S5500 and the family loves movie time.
Take a look at the Onkyo HT-S5500. I am very happy with it for the price. 7.1 with a active sub.Moves sound great and music is really good as well. Got mine at Hhgregg they price matched Amazon. If your in no hurry Amazon has free shipping on it. As for running wires get a spool of white jacketed speaker wire from monoprice for $30 and your set. The wires that come with the Onkyo are too small and too short.
I am really impressed with this Onkyo. Been running the Neo 6 and movies sound great. 3d is out of this world now with the surround sound .
Well I managed to get the HT-S5500 for $349 from HHgregg as they price matched Amazon. I have to say I am very happy with my $350 system and do not see myself upgrading anything anytime soon. I works great and sounds way better than I had imagined for the money spent.Thanks all for your help.
Im also looking at the Onkyo HT-S5500 anyone own it and is it reliable ?
Ive researched until I am just about ready to give up. Can anyone recommend a system that is reliable and works great for under $350 ? Ive really been leaning towards an Onkyo 3500. Hooking up to an LG55- 6400 3D tv and Directv HR34-700 and a PS3 in a room that is 14x14.