or Connect

Posts by kicksavedave

This is purely anecdotal, but for me personally, I haven't bought a DVD or BR in over a year, whereas before I was buying them by the dozen monthly. And I haven't bought a music CD in several years but I download MP3 Albums from Amazon at the same rate that I used to by the dics - about 15-20 CDs a month on average. So for me, streaming/downloading has entirely replaced buying physical media. This became the preferred method for me when all my devices became networked,...
Yes, there are two small mounts on the bottom of the HC-1 that are easily removed if you need to with a small phillips head . The mounts let the HC-1 sit on a stand that lets you adjust the angle for optimum directional setup.I just picked up the Hybrid 3 package with VTF3-MK4 (which freaken rocks) 2 HB1s, 1 HC1 and two HIW1s. The HIW's are the same drivers as the HB1s but in wall mounted. I haven't installed the HIWs yet but the new sound stage made up of the two HSU...
Depends on which Harmony Remote you have, but what I did for mine to edit settings that aren't on the main buttons of the harmony is to add those settings onto the extra buttons portion, usually the small graphic display on the newer Harmony remotes. You may have to use page 2 or page 3 if you already have page 1 filled up. If the setting can be selected directly (like Audio Input 4) from the Yamaha remote, you can simply add that command to page 2( or 3). If the...
Yes, absolutely. There is a setup screen where you tell it exactly which speakers you have and what config, even what size each speaker is... 2.0, 2.1, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 with presence, 7.1 with rear surrounds, whatever. I currently have mine set up in 5.0 since I have no subwoofer yet (saving up to buy one that will get me arrested)
Well, my new Cherry RTi12's arrived today, and apart from the hernia I got from carrying them up one flight of stairs, they are awesome! Bi-wired them to the RX-V867, ran YPAO, and holy cow do they sound fantastic. I'm not feeling like I need a subwoofer at this point, although next paycheck I'll be doing that anyway, just cause 5.0 doesn't seem right to me Classical music simply came alive with the volume dynamics, Stanley Clarke School Days rocked, everything sounded...
Check out the subwoofer forum on here, but be prepared to provide full information:Budget (total after tax/shipping)Room sizeAppearance requirements ("Must come in cherry finish"?)Listening mix - Home Theater/Music/Gaming %Preference - Blow the windows out explosions, or crisp clean music, etcRead their FAQ thread and then fire off your questions to the sub junkies...Or just get the 505 for $200 on Newegg right now and be happy with it DOH, I just saw that you already did...
So I had been set to buy some RTI12s and I found a whole setup for sales on CL. It was a set of RTi12s, FXi5s and a CS3 (which was why I asked about the CSi3 timbre matching the RTi12s earlier) When I got there, the bridge clips between the two inputs on the RTi12's was gone, but the guy only had one speaker cable, for the whole set. Since he was in the middle of moving I had to check out the 5 speakers one at a time. When I asked about the brackets, he didn't know...
In addition to what Schan said which is dead on, the 867 can support bi-amp'ing the fronts. Which means you take the back surround channel outputs and wire them to your second inputs on the front mains. This effectively divides the mains into subs and mids/tweeters each driven by their own separate amp (sometimes called bi-wiring). Its not quite the same as a true pre-amp/power amp setup, but it delivers more overall power more cleanly to larger front mains than a...
OMG, those reviews are classic. The cable does everything from saving a marriage, ending global warming (sorry, just locally) to finding an estranged father and vaporizing him into pure data. A nice diversion to read through all that, almost as good as the People of Walmart!
Thanks Ron. If I find a steal on a CSi5 on CL, maybe I'll upgrade, but its not urgent. Rounding out the combo with a PSW505 (on sales $200 at the Egg) Any recommendations on a movie to test the new setup?