or Connect

Posts by sperron

Sadly most games that implement the "flicker filter" do not offer us the ability to disable their poor man's anti-aliasing. Short of using emulation, games like Little King's Story will always be blurry.
Is it too much to hope you are being sarcastic?
There can be disagreement about it being "watchable" or not, but I don't think it's debatable that this release is blatantly being misrepresented by being in the "Sapphire" series. If it were just a general release, it would merely be disappointing, but by being misrepresented it's actually akin to false advertising. This title in no way lives up to the representation from the press release:The OP in this thread has screen grabs from atleast one HDTV broadcast that puts...
OK, this made me laugh.
The main problem is that "science" is not why most people are in the "Blu-ray Software" subforum. There are still places where "science" is discussed such as the projector, calibration and home theater PC subforums. Technical discussions in this specific subforum are often either derided or ignored these days. Most of the problem is that the internet has in general moved from "IMHO" to one person's assumed facts vs another person's assumed facts. Many people don't care to...
The only way I can see a response happening soon is if they plan to deny it. If they are going to acknowledge it, they will wait until they have a plan for replacement discs first. Also since this also involves another studio, it's most likely even more complicated then usual. I'll be satisfied if this just causes the studios to be a bit more diligent in the future. Sure a replacement program for a single movie would be a good thing, but the message that we expect a high...
One thing to keep in mind is that if a game uses a "flicker filter", then it's going to be blurry no matter what you do. I played a little bit of "Little King's Story" last night and my god that game is blurry due to the "flicker filter". If you want an example of what a "flicker filter" does, the video options smash brothers (wii or gamecube version) allow you to turn it on and off and see the results in real time. Several other Nintendo titles also allow you to try it...
Sadly, the calibration sub forum is the last bastion of science left here. The nonscientific sentiment was already present here to a certain extent, but the "format war" really drew in crowds of people that really aren't here to participate in anything even tangentially related to "scientific" discussion. As the AVS staff really haven't really made a move to "push" things back towards "science", I'd say it's really not worth worrying about anymore. Those that choose to...
"Better" is such a subjective term. Some people prefer low resolution sources like the Wii or PS2 to be blurry as hell to hide the jaggies. Some people prefer the Wii or PS2 to be razor sharp. Both sides would argue that their preference looks "better".
The problem with just adding more holes is that you then ruin the engineered airflow of the case. Instead of having the air flow in a predetermined pattern, it will then draw air from every hole. This could cause hot spots as pockets of air intended to be moving no longer move at an acceptable rate.