or Connect

Posts by Neo_Reloaded

Allow me to clarify - I was not directing that towards the gentleman's statement. You are correct that he does not advocate for DNR or similar things in the statement you posted. I understand what he is saying, and it is a fascinating look into the mindset of directors of that time period. I truly thank you for posting it. My point was that those statements should not be used as an argument for DNR misuse being acceptable. If that was not your intention when quoting the...
The issue isn't whether or not directors wanted grain in their films. The issue is that grain IS in their films. The film was already made - and the results are the results. It is not our job to edit past works, just reproduce them as faithfully as possible. Even if it were possible to fully remove grain without any other effects on the image, and even if there was written documentation of a director saying he wished he had been able to make his film without grain, I would...
What a shame, especially knowing that Shout Factory was also a bidder on these titles and Miramax ignored their excellent track record in favor of the higher bid from Echo Bay.
It hasn't been made available yet. The initial pressing was all the 25GB version as they didn't decide to do a fixed disc until too late in the manufacturing/distributing process. They're supposedly finalizing the authoring on the fixed disc now and will be sending out copies to anyone who emails with a picture of their order receipt to prove they purchased it.
Quote: Originally Posted by dvdmike007 Updated OP with cover art, nice art pi** poor font The font on the covers Universal releases online is purposefully enlarged to make it "stand out more" or something. The final retail copy will have more reasonable font sizes and placements. People regularly complain about this but apparently don't notice that the actual product differs as the same complaints come up with every release.
Ok, one system - just wanted to check. The comparison to other discs isn't necessarily helpful - for the Public Enemies problem I mentioned, that was the ONLY disc this user experienced problems with, which is what led him to believe it was the disc's fault. The particular noise pattern of that film's photography was apparently showcasing some flaw in his TV's scaling algorithm - it wasn't a general problem that he was having with all releases. So while I'm glad Bullitt...
Just to be certain, as I didn't see this explicitly mentioned anywhere - you are playing both discs in the same BD player, hooked up to the same TV via the same connection, with the same settings? The chicken wire comment you made reminded me of an argument/discussion here on AVS about the Blu-ray of Public Enemies. A small amount of users were saying the quality was abysmal and looked like they were viewing the film through chicken wire, and they insisted the Blu-ray...
I'm sorry, but what?The lighter gray is most likely a result of that pic being taken under different lighting conditions - everything in the Netflix pic looks like there is more light on it. And the white label is the label Netflix themselves attach to their discs...
Yeah that's true. I guess I was assuming that the difference between a DVD and Blu-ray (physically) would be obvious - the player would react to it differently (if not noticeable on the LED display or player menu, then just in the speed it loads, and the manner in which the disc menus work), and the very color of the disc would be noticeably different. But just to rule out the possibility of it being a DVD, pop it in a DVD-only drive (preferably a DVD computer drive) and...
This just doesn't make sense, from any angle. The probability of a counterfeit Blu-ray in the situation you have described is next to non-existent. Neither Blockbuster or Netflix would ever purchase or create bootleg discs - they purchase directly from the studio, and would be in a world of legal trouble if such a thing was ever discovered (and I can't imagine how it WOULDN'T be discovered, with the mainstream attention they have and sheer volume of discs). That leaves...