or Connect

Posts by Neo_Reloaded

That's funny that you say the included BoneKnapper short had better detail. I found something about that entire short to be off - it looked more blatantly computer generated, and had a feel similar to CGI television shows I've seen. I don't necessarily mean it was less detailed or less dimensional (I did not compare the two in that regard, so I have absolutely no opinion on this at the moment). But in terms of cinematical qualities, and the overall feel of the visuals -...
Yeah, some people just can't get it through their heads... Oh well, I suppose this is to be expected whenever people are importing a mainstream title for the price, instead of the regular importers who do it for otherwise-unavailable titles. It brings out the newbies, the cheapskates, and the worriers.
You are giving advice based not on any fact, but on your own apparently warped take on why region locking is in place. Being sure before importing is always good advice so it hardly hurts to have a little confirmation before placing an expensive order - I won't argue with you there. But everything else you're saying is completely divorced from reality. There are dozens of "limited edition" Blu-ray sets, from multiple studios, released in multiple countries. Never once...
They don't really care... They region lock to preserve the internal economy for their products and keep people from buying cheaper ones abroad - not to somehow "protect domestic buyers" from things selling out. So no, from the perspective of why region locking exists in the first place, your theory does not make sense. Basically, the reason people are hyperventilating over the Alien Anthology UK region status in every BD forum on the net is the EXACT reason they region...
You've posted the same question to him 4-5 times or so it seems. If he wanted to answer more definitively, I feel he would have by now. Come the 25th, many people will have it instead of just the one and you can get your definitive answer then and re-order if it is indeed region free.
He said the package said ABC. Some random UK site saying region B is meaningless as not every random site even checks those things - they just say region B for all UK releases. Same way Amazon.co.uk says Region 2 for all UK BD releases - totally wrong, they do not check.I really doubt they pressed two different versions of all 6 discs just so 5000 of them could be region locked...
Because you can take the same camera negative and master it many different ways... If you're saying "Which one is closest to the untouched camera negative" then yes there is only one "correct" look. But a director can do many things after the shoot that are all part of the intended look of the film, and any good BD release should include those things. A proper BD of the theatrical version should probably look fairly close to the original camera negative as there was no...
For the zillionth time, major studios releasing in multiple BD regions don't use PAL content. All Sony, WB, Fox, Paramount, etc. BD titles can be safely assumed to always have NTSC SD content and 1080i/60 or 1080p/24 HD content. Only region B-exclusive studios like Optimum, Momentum, etc. use PAL or 1080i/50 content on BDs.
Dreamworks Animation always feels the need to release on unusual days for some reason.
Well regardless of its lack of direction, I still don't agree with that statement. For a film to be "mindless fun" it needs to a) be fun, and b) not have pacing and plot issues that wake your mind up from its visual fx-induced coma. There are dozens of films every year that set out to be mindless fun, and most are not worth watching because "mindless" is twisted into "lazy and inconsistent" and "fun" is nothing more than "FX and explosions thrown up on the screen."