or Connect

Posts by Neo_Reloaded

Either the BD is slightly stretched, or the DTheather is slightly squished. That would account for the slight differences in the amount of picture in each. Not sure which is correct from those screens. As for the slight changes in detail, looks like color/contrast retiming by Ridley. Not necessarily right or wrong, just different.
I can't even begin to process this post. MY HYPERBOLE? What am I being hyperbolic about? If anything, I'm asking for realistic expectations, not extreme ones in either direction.You say "not every title" but then are grandstanding about two very unpopular titles. Them being a part of a set is really irrelevant, especially since their transfers ARE NOT BAD. They simply aren't EXCELLENT like the first two. And you joke about Godfather, but I remember a similar tantrum...
When titles are messed up with DNR and EE and whatever else, the cry is "Why couldn't the studios just leave them alone? Why do extra work to mess them up?" And when that happens, the cry turns to "Why wasn't a new top-of-the-line OCN->4K transfer done?" As the general quality of titles has risen, the overreacting nitpicking hyperbole has risen as well.If you truly expect every single Blu-ray title to receive a 4K transfer, you are seriously delusional about the...
The pictures in the Blu-ray.com review were not taken from the Blu-ray. WB has strict screenshot policies in place since the LOTR fiasco, and blu-ray.com abides by them. Basically, no screenshots in reviews unless they're specifically provided by WB or something silly like that. So those are just random DVD captures or something - they are not clickable/zoomable like actual BD pictures are in blu-ray.com reviews, and if you hover your mouse over them, a message appears...
And let the ridiculous hyperbole begin.
Fincher has been asked to work on Alien3 and he has refused - so it's not Fox's fault there's no new "director approved transfer." And Alien3 doesn't even look bad. Clean, scratch-free, no EE, no obvious DNR, what appears to be a reasonable level of grain, and no obvious compression artifacts. Could it have looked better with a new 4k transfer? Sure, probably - but that doesn't take away from what is already a good looking transfer. And I hardly blame Fox for not...
Yeah seriously. Warner is not perfect, but they're doing a standup job in many areas that others are lacking. The only studio that is really batting 1000 for quality is Sony - but they also release so few titles, and even fewer of any real worth. The only one worse than them in that regard is Disney that seems down to about 8 catalogue titles per year or something ridiculous. Paramount and Universal have abysmal quality control, letting loose titles far worse than WB's...
The "never learn" comes from people immediately launching into hysterics about it. The reaction wasn't "Hmm, that is troubling, but I hope Cameron's comment isn't indicative of what we fear - guess we'll wait and see." It was instead "another favorite pooped on" and "it'll look like ass" and other jump-to-conclusions posts. Ones that ended up being wrong. Also, holy crap I'm agreeing with oink. Has hell frozen over?
A single frame with artifacting does not mean a replacement program is necessary. The smallest issue I've ever seen a replacement program for is The Matrix Revolutions, and that was an encoding error to such a degree that either 3 consecutive frames had nearly a full screen breakdown, or those 3 frames were skipped altogether (depending on the player). And while I was thankful for that replacement as I did notice the problem after it was pointed it, it was hardly an...
1 of 6 Sapphire series title was truly a bad release. Saving Private Ryan was a small authoring issue that was corrected in mere WEEKS from the release date. And that 1 truly bad release, Gladiator, utilized a Universal transfer. And has since been fixed, for free.So if anything, a Sapphire series banner does give me hope that a title will be done properly. All the complaining about Sapphire series titles are ridiculous. I'd sure rather have titles released under this...