or Connect

Posts by MRoe

I have Direct TV and am sick of paying the big bill. Granted I have HD, plus room sharing. I'm looking maybe to go antenna or stream over my Cable modem. Not sure what the options are. I still would like a PVR like Tivo, but they charge as well. Any advise?
Has anyone had any luck getting the Direct TV R-11 unit controled by the Panasonic Showstopper Replay unit? Is there some kind of update out there or additional piece of eqipment I need?
I have a TV and Tivo in one room and directly in back of the tv I popped a hole through the wall into the next room, (which is our hobby room) and put another TV9in there. I put a splitter on Tivo's output so we could watch TV in the hobby room. But I want to be able to control Tivo and and change the channel, but Tivo's remote is line of sight. Is there a remote out there somewhere I can use that will work with Tivo and is NON-line of sight? I know Harmony romotes are...
I had to call Cox ( my suscriber) they walked me through a reset. they said the buffer somethimes gets screwed up and doesn't clear. You won't loose any recorded stuff, or set ups, You just may need to reset the machine. Worked for me.
Have a Explorer SA-8300 conected to Cox Cable in Phoenix Az. I guess maybe I’m use to the features on Tivo and RePlay, but I think Explorer really needs some improvement. Here are three I would like to suggest. 1.When a show is recording, and you come into the show when it’s recorded for awhile and want to watch it, you have to rewind to the beginning. The show is NOT in the recorded show list. As you are watching the show and it stops recording at the end of the...
HMMM, Thanks interesting, sounds like maybe something they could correct in the next update. Thanks
When I want to choose a show to record from the guide, and set it to record, I would like to be able to adjust the start and end times a minute or so in either direction. I have had Tivo and Replay, and was able to adjust that feature. But when I try it with the SD8300HD unit, and save the record times, it still lists it at the "guide picked" start and end times. IE: 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM rather than 8:59 PM to 10:01 PM. Why doesn't it keep my changes?
When I'm watching a program that I've recorded, and have to stop it for some reason, and want to come back, lets say, the next day and start watching it from where I left off, it seems that I can't. The unit has lost the place where I last stopped watching. I thought it was supposed to remember that? Why would it be forgeting it's place?
I just purchased Toshiba's Home Theater System. It is an All-in-one system, it even has a VCR in it. Sure cleared up a lot of clutter in my living room. But I have Cox Cable Phoenix, and their Scientific Atlanta HD cable box. Has the remote AT8400. I would like to use that remote to control the volume of the Toshiba system, but there is no remote code I can put in that will work for Toshiba's system. I tried the "learn" mode and that don't work either. The companies that...
I just purchased Toshiba's Home Theater System. It is an All-in-one system, it even has a VCR in it. Sure cleared up a lot of clutter in my living room. But I have Cox Cable Phoenix, and their Scientific Atlanta HD cable box. Has the remote AT8400. I would like to use that remote to control the volume of the Toshiba system, but there is no remote code I can put in that will work for Toshiba's system. I tried the "learn" mode and that don't work either. The companies that...