or Connect

Posts by zuter

Hi BobAs promised I redid the setup. The AVSHD disc was used for all setups. I ensured the factory setting for the OPPO's picture adjustment - never player with those in my original setup. Again all setting for RGB matched in OPPO and Kuro. I watched the video describing the process and noticed they said to do brightness before constrast, I've always done it the other way around as suggested by Avia. Again both RGB PC and Video were calibrated on sepearate setting to...
Thanks BobVery good info.I did run into RGB mismatch when I first started calibrating but quickly realized my mistake and corrected the issue. I did a full calibration using the AVSHD 709 disk I dowloaded along with the pattrens manual. I have an old Avia disk too. I tried the 16-235 then 0-255 settings in the OPPO and Kuro. In the RGB Video (16-235) I couldn't resolve the black level down to 16, without issues in the white levels and visa versa. I played with it for...
Hi airborn007I have a Kuro 111 Signature. I ran into the same issue with RGB (16-253 and 0-255). I asked OPPO what was the proper setting. Before they responded, I set the Kuro to 0-255 and OPPO to PC RGB expanded (0-255) and ran a full re-calibration of the display. This provided the best picture, which was confirmed by OPPO. I my case I do not pass video though my AVR, I learned long ago that the Kuro is far better at resolving the video than my AVR. Even when I...
ThanksIn answer, my AVR has the ability to save 5 different auto-cal's which I can switch on the fly for comparisions. Since, I've owned this AVR (Poineer Elite VSX81TXV) for several years, had ample time to play, compare and test everthing. I've done my research and followed sage advice from this site and others on how to achieve the best outcome with auto-cal. I've worked at a large live theatre for the past 30 years with access to professional audio/video equipment...
That's good to hear. Since this was my first purchase for an OPPO I was unaware of the Canadian connection. I wish more US companies would do the same for the cousins to the north.
Sorry to hear they're no longer shipping to Canada. I got mine last week direct from OPPO and I live in Calgary Canada. I must have made it under the wire before they made this change. I have had some messages from others trying to buy, in Canada, and only one is waiting on their order to arrive. Like me they ordered last week but they're still waiting for it to arrive. I got mine in 2 1/2 days from Fedex Ground, but I think they may have aired it by mistake as I've...
I couldn't agree more, the room itself is a huge factor. While I've not addressed everything I do have a dedicated room for my HT. When I said I prefer the sound with room correction disabled I meant it as an recent observation. I've spent many hours running calibrations with some very professional equipment, I've managed to borrow, with very good results. I only tried the off setting when playing with the OPPO and noticed I liked it more than with it on...maybe the SQ...
How good is the OPPO 103 PQ? After setting up and calibrating the 103 I was thrilled with the PQ. When I switched to my other devices I noticed that these weren't as good as the OPPO. So I went back in and readjusted and tweaked my 3 other sources and can happily say that all my devices are now on par with my OPPO. Thanks to the outstanding quality of OPPO I had a new higher benchmark. Hows that for an endorsement! The sound is my next hurdle. While I have a very...
Just got my first OPPO. From ordering to shipping it only took 2-1/2 days to Calgary, Canada! Once it arrived I was connected and up and running in minutes. I played around a bit then I went into the setup and adjusted for my devices. After, I slapped in a calibration disc and got it working to perfection I've been playing BD's, DVD's and CD's so far. I don't have any SACD's or DVD-A's, I guess I'll have to get some now! Everything looks and sounds great! The only...
You are right! I apologize for asking this in the first place.I was just curious. I either rent or buy my movies and only download what I can't find locally, ie: non north american media, usually shows not available here. If after renting a movie that I want to keep, I purchase them. I use to backup DVD's but since OPPO (opposed to my older player's) is able to better play damaged disks I see no need for this anymore. Also, since BD's provide a better HD experience,...