or Connect

Posts by Michael9009

I've received the JKP HD Progressive sample today and I'm impressed. Very smooth texture, a little less shiny / sparkly and more colour neutral than my current Cinema Vision. Studiotek 130 is whiter than the HD Progressive 1.3, while Cinema Vision is the more yellowish. The surface of the HD Progressive 1.3 fabric is also a little more silky smooth than that of Studiotek 130. I'm tempted now to get a replacement roller with HD Progressive 1.3 fabric. If only those...
With regard to the gain, Da-Lite confused me a little when I asked about the 1.3 gain material. In an e-mail, a Sales Partner from Da-Lite wrote: "However, 1.3 is usually not recommended for home theater settings unless there is a large amount of uncontrollable ambient light. It is recommended more for commercial settings.". But, as I said, I think the 1.3 gain would be most suitable for my HT because it has the same gain as my current Cinema Vision. Let's see after I...
Thanks very much, Craig. I ordered HD Progressive samples with gains of 0.6, 0.9 and 1.1 back in July. I specifically asked for 12x12 inch samples with black backing. At that time I was not aware that a material with 1.3 gain existed, so I ordered one this week and I should receive it tomorrow. I will have the weekend to decide but I am also inclined to go with 1.3. The samples have the same typical Da-Lite vinyl smell that all of their vinyl samples have. After five...
Hi! I have had a Da-Lite Tensioned Contour Electrol screen with Cinema Vision fabric that I purchased in May 2007. The aspect ratio is 16:9 and the viewing area is 133 inches diagonal. Over the years, the fabric has developed a stickiness and became sparkly due to the low-quality vinyl leaching plasticizers from the material. I cleaned both the front and back surfaces in three occasions with isopropyl alcohol and, although the results were relatively good, they were never...
This may be a very good idea. But how could I please connect a keyboard to the VT50. Is it possible? Thanks.
How? The router I need to connect to is an Apple Time Capsule. I don't think the VT50 can connect to it automatically.The question is how to type the "+" sign? Thanks.
Hello, I just received my TC-P65VT50. Beautiful machine. I was trying to setup the wireless connection and input the 63-random-character wireless password but...what a pain to use the numerical keypad!!! The problem is that, midway through the process, I could not find the "+" character, which appears twice in the password. Could someone please enlighten me and suggest how to type the "+" character? Thanks.
I can confirm now that the method you suggested works perfectly. Thank you, BillyBlueHat!
I tried last night: the Toshiba HD-A20 can also be powered up by physically pressing the Eject button. This is good news and it seems the method you suggested may actually work. I will post an update after I re-program the remote.
Thanks. As I mentioned in my post, the Sony Blu-ray player works perfectly with the 'Eject' command at startup. It's actually the Toshiba HD-A20 HD DVD player that gives me trouble. I also tried the 1100 on a Toshiba HD-A30 and the same problem happens. As far as I know, pressing the Eject button on the player will not power up the HD-A20, but I will double check later tonight. Anyone would have any other suggestions?...