or Connect

Posts by tsx500

will the new bd35 provide 1080p output upconvert for standard dvd's ?
i am considering buying a BD-50, or maybe waiting for the new BD-55, to go with my current components : Pioneer Pro Elite 50" plasma, Denon avr-2807 hdmi 1.1 receiver. this would be my first BD player . what will the new 55 give me that the 50 won't ? i read that the new 55 has 'BD Live' and i am not sure what that is ... also, does the 50 provide 1080p upconvert on standard dvd's like the 55 will ? and does anyone have current info on a release date for the 55 ? ...
will my receiver, a hdmi 1.1 version Denon 2807, be able to handle lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD, dts-MA) input from a new BluRay player which decodes it first , via a hdmi cable only ? or does it have to be thru analog 5.1 input from the player ? thanks .....
i am an audio neophyte, so if this question seems ridiculous, please forgive me ... will my 2807 handle lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD and dtsMA), input from a BluRay disc player which decodes it first (Pan bd50,Denon 3800), via hdmi input ? or do i have to use analog inputs ? thanks, i appreciate any help !
ok, thanks.... but just to be clear (for me,self-confessed audio neophyte) , are you guys saying that my 2807 will handle it thru hdmi input, and i dont have to use analog inputs, right ?
thanks Ray,Bob and teachsac for the quick replies ! sorry if i used wrong forum (this is the first time i have used this site in many months)... last question : if i keep my Denon 2807 and just buy a BD player that internally decodes the lossless formats, then can the decoded TrueHD be sent via hdmi cable to my Denon, or do i have to use analog ? sorry if this is a 'dumb' question, but i am definitely an AV neophyte ! thanks again ...
i currently own a Denon avr-2807 (hdmi 1.2), and want to buy a new 1.3 capable receiver, to be able to enjoy Dolby TrueHD audio (via hdmi) out of my new BluRay player (which i have yet to purchase , looking for advice on that issue on another forum). price range , maybe up to about $800 or so ... can anyone recommend something of high quality and reliability at that price, either currently available or even something recently introduced at the CEDIA expo ? thanks, i...
I unfortunately 'blew my wad' so to speak, about a year ago, and bought a new Tosh HD-XA2 hd-dvd player, right before BluRay won ... so now the time has come for me to buy my first BR player...my current components are Denon AVR-2807 (hdmi 1.2) receiver , DirecTV+ hddvr , Pioneer Elite Pro-FHD1 50" plasma. price isn't really a consideration ,and i want to be able to enjoy Dolby TrueHD audio via hdmi,so i plan on upgrading my receiver to hdmi 1.3 (i will be visiting that...
I am one of the unfortunate ones who blew my wad early and chose HD-DVD over BluRay and of course i purchased the most expensive model out there at the time (Toshiba HDXA-2). oh well, live and learn , right ? so i am now researching this forum before i decide on my first BluRay player (and probably a new HDMI 1.3 receiver to replace my Denon avr-2807 which is only HDMI 1.2 ), which leads(finally) to my question ... when i decide on and purchase my new BR player, i want...
QUESTION ABOUT XA-2 AUDIO SETUP . . . . . i just installed the newest firmware update 2.7/T23 without a problem. my current set-up is all hdmi , Denon AVR 2807 receiver , 5.1 speakers. my question is regarding the the xa-2's audio setup. for the "digital out spdif" should i choose bitstream or pcm ? for "digital out hdmi" should i choose auto , pcm , or downmixed pcm ? and for "dynamic range control" should i choose auto , on , or off ? thanks in advance for ...