Actually, Samsung just got back to me and said 32" I was looking for uses SPVA
so I take back Samsung.
With Sony, I spoke with 4 different departments and they gave up...
LG 2 departments, still looking into it.....hehe
Not sure if anyone read my previous post, anyways researching TVs and trying to find out what Color capabilities some TVs have in order to determine which LCD panel technology they us.
I know there is all kinds of rumors going around, but unfortunately TV manufactures simply don't release or KNOW this info.
I was researching Samsung, Sony and LG tvs and have been chatting with reps for all companies.
NONE of them know the Color capabilities or LCD technology their...
SO I've been calling/chating with LG, Sony and Samsung to double check LCD technology these 32" units (that Best buy has) use.
NONE of them know the following spec:
- LCD panel technology (TN, VA and S-IPS etc)
- Color capability
I'm BLOWN AWAY that major manufactures don't even know their products capabilities/technology THEY use.
That will give me some room to get that 40" as Westinghouse specs clearly state 16.7 million colors.
Printed that out, ready to...
Well, first I was going to return it and just ask for $699 gift card at the register.
Guessing they will send me to sales rep....
But I have it in my car, I have to return it they said. But not sure if I have to return it when I get the new one or within certain amount of time.
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming!!!
I think the 2 areas where I have the most playroom right now are:
- S-IPS panel (16.7 million colors) which NONE of Best Buy specs state AT ALL
- 100x100 Vesa mount I have. Not many 32" TVs have that (actually I haven't found one).
- View angles, although most TVs have 176 degrees, MANY are not true. My Westy was amazing, I can basically watch it from the side (thx to S-IPS I believe). I will check that as well with my...
Heading into Best buy to get a replacement TV since they were unable to fix my Westinghouse 32w6 HDMI plug. I guess they don't make parts for it.
I originally paid $699 for this unit 3 years ago. I already know that best buy will not give me that much credit and will do what's called "technology replacement".
Is there any room to negotiate and any possibility of getting $699 towards a nice new 40" LCD?
Wondering if you guys have any tips as far as...
I'm in process of designing our living room, and I need some ideas/help. Lots of it!!!
Following things to keep in mind.
- 4 kids. MUST be kids proof.
- I would like to keep it all in the Living room. Especially the PC since we view pics, movies and play music on our LCD TV on regular bases.
-Keep in mind that DVI and VGA cable are about 6"ft so computer HAS to be with that reach. I would prefer NOT to buy new wires as they are expensive and from what gather...