or Connect

Posts by Zinger223

Heya!Nope no special mode. I usually leave it on my customized standard and it plays great. I am on Xbox 360 for BF3. I run Diablo off a HTPC on it as well with the same Standard mode and it plays great too!
I posted a couple days ago, POST, and looks like the thread was missed. I replied as a happy owner of a UN60EH6000 that also plays MW3 and Battlefield 3 on it quite well. You guys are not alone!
Howdy everyone! Sorry it's been a few weeks since I posted. We are in crunch at work and been doing long hours. Anyhow, I still have my 60" and am loving it. I play Battlefield 3 almost nightly on it along with movies and think the picture is great. I turned off all the motion effects with the exception of the one you set to clear. Can post full settings if desired. I have "Standard" setup as my general purpose setting and it has a little punchier and sharper image and...
Thanks again for all the help Richard.
Howdy!I cannot speak specifically to the PQ on those TV's but the EH is back-lit and the other two are edge lit. In doing my research I found back lit to generally be the better technology as the lighting is more even across the picture. Blacks can be darker too with local dimming. I own the UN60EH6000 and think it the PQ is great. With the right settings i get no soap opera effect and haven't found this model to power off the backlight on dark scenes like the ES-series...
Heya! I had a buzz when I first got mine E550 as well. A week or two later with moderate use and I am having trouble hearing it now. I tried to show a friend last night and could not hear the buzz at all.
Hey Richard! Thanks so much for the reply. From what you said it sounds like my TV is working correctly. I remember the stars not turning white at 100% contrast. I also remember the screen did seem to change tint a little as I turned contrast up. I thought that was a problem with the panel but sounds like it may be normal for mine? I do have all the Auto Yuck stuff off. I think the only thing I have on is the Cinema Smooth which seems to be recommended in...
Hello RB! I have been trying to calibrate my Samsung E550 using the Disney WOW World of Wonder disk and ran into the problem mentioned above by curtiswhite about contrast. When I change my contrast all it does is change the screen from one shade of gray to another with no rhyme or reason. Did I miss something in the instructions about how to calibrate contrast when this happens? I never get the white level set to close to making any of the bars blend in with the...
Congrats Drew! I have found the default Standard and Movie settings are close to spot on. I prefer Standard to Movie in most cases. I do have a calibration disk and will share my settings after this weekend when I have some time to dig into it. Mostly would be adjusting brightness and contrast to get the most of whites and blacks given the light level in my room. The color has been perfect out of the box. In my experience the folks at Best Buy are full of BS. I...
^^ Thanks