or Connect

Posts by DL4567

Thank you for the video link, it's very helpful. I missed that when looking around the Panamorph website. I'll post how I make out after setting it up.
Thanks for the info! I'm drawing up plans for a DIY sled mount right now, and have one question at the moment.... does it matter which way the lens is flipped? Longer point to either side of projector lens? What about if I have some horizontal lens shift going on (center of lens is about 10" off center of screen, throw is 13 ft).... is flipping the lens one way or the other beneficial?
Does anyone know if this does vertical video stretching for use with an anamorphic lens? (stretch a 2.35:1 picture to fill a 16x9 screen) I looked through the owner's manual online, and all it mentions is "aspect" switching for video. It doesn't show how many modes there are or what they do.
Hello, I just acquired a used Panamorph UH380, and was wondering it there's anything special I need to know in setting it up. Panamorph no longer has instructions for the 380 on their website, just the UH480. I read through that, and is everything pretty much the same? There don't seem to be any adjustment knobs on it other than the two positional knobs on the side holding it to the bracket, so is it as simple as putting it in front of the projector lens, centering it...
Wait, what happened?The last thing you posted was about receiving a perfect 8700:
This might sound like a dumb question, but here goes.... I've got 31 hours now on my 8350 and love it so far. Last night after watching a couple of movies, I decided to check out the different "color modes" for the first time. I didn't know what it was set on for all of my viewing so far, and turns out it was on "natural" mode. Being happy with that, I was just curious to see what the others look like. I switched to "living room" mode, and as expected the fan got...
It is my understanding that with the lens-shift feature, keystone correction is not necessary. The instructions say to keep the projector perpendicular (square plumb/level) to your viewing surface. When you turn the lens-shift dials, it moves the picture up/down left/right, while maintaining a picture that does not need keystone correction. If you were to angle the projector, for example from a ceiling to the center of a screen, it would not look right. It must be...
This is an affordable mount that is a popular choice for the 8350. Read the amazon reviews, tons of 8350 people have bought it, and used it successfully with the 3 legged mounting method talked about. Also, it's shown in the customer images. I just bought it for my own 8350, and it works great. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BSFY48/ref=wms_ohs_product (I skimmed the above two links, and didn't see this mount mentioned)
Unreal! That makes THREE refurbished 8700's purchased recently that had problems. And that's just counting people posting in this thread.Exactly.I packed up this 8700ub-R with the stuck focus ring yesterday and am getting a refund from VA. Not even gonna try for a second one, as there are WAY too many issues with these refurbished models. I'm happy with this 8350, and feel better about having a brand new unit.Again, just want to mention that VA's customer service has...
Those features do sound nice, but they are all moot points if the projector has other problems like convergence issues or lens rings that don't turn. I'd rather have a perfectly functioning 8350 than an 8700 with some problems.It's pretty concerning that between Soulcamp and I, those are 2 refurbished 8700's sold by VA in the last 10 days. And BOTH had problems. Even his 2nd unit, while he seems to be happy with it, still doesn't have perfect convergence.I'm not...