or Connect

Posts by upinsmoke

For sale is one Technics SL-1210M5G purchased and modified by KAB Electro Acoustics in NJ. Condition is in excellent shape with only minor scratches on the dust cover from record jackets resting on them. Mods from KAB include: TD0-1200 Tonearm fluid damper PS-1200 outboard power supply Record Clamp Strobe Disabler These modifications take an already great direct drive turntable and increase the performance to quite a higher level. Included with the table is a Goldring...
One year from Panasonic. It's two from Costco.
http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-PT-AR100U-Full-HD-Home-Cinema-Projector.product.100031782.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=ar100u&langId=-1&storeId=10301This has been an amazing projector for us. We have been using it for outdoor screenings of movies and it's not disappointed. A bright and vivid picture. If you have any ancillary light in your room this unit should be more than sufficient to overpower it.
Thanks MrG for the information. Projector is ordered and on it's way. along with a 132" outdoor screen. I've thought about returning the screen and going to a DIY 16'x9'. Probably try this one out first and see what happens. Only problem with the screens is that both will be put up/taken down a lot. Thanks again.
Hello folks, I was wondering if there was any news on Panasonic updating the PT-AR100U projector. After doing some research I've decided on this model for it's high lumen output and picture quality. The projector will be used both indoor and outdoor. I just wanted to be sure there was not a new model that would be released in the very near future. Thanks greatly in advance! Cheers
Hello folks, I was in the market for a projector for use both indoor and outside. Initially I was planning on using the projector for outdoor movie viewing on summer weekend evenings and when I move also be able to use it in a basement home theater. Ideally I would like something that met the following: 1) Cost - less than $2000 2) Lumens - 3000 lumens or brighter 3) Decent black levels and somewhat accurate color. I have a VT50 for critical viewing. Doesn't need...
Delsea Theather. It's a great place to watch a movie. Only thing to watch out for is the mosquitoes. Use the most industrial strength DEET product you can find, the insects are about the size of small birds and will eat you alive. If you look at a map you will see why - it's right next to a marshy area.They also have real butter for the popcorn instead of the artificial crap. I agree about the snack bar too - probably the best in any theater I've been to. If you...
Is there a certain version of AVSHD709 I need to use with Calman 5?
OK have just about everything I need to try a calibration run. Few more questions: Is there a way to save the initial settings on the tv prior to a calibration run using Calman or controlcal? On the autocal through calman, I've read that the tv generates it own patterns? Is that true? Wish I could find where I read that. If not, I'm assuming the getgrey dvd could be used (or is there an advantage to using the avhd disc?) Thanks in advance!
gotcha. Thanks for the info.