or Connect

Posts by ES_Revenge

Yeah it's probably just because of the fact that it's an SD broadcast and I don't think the conversion is that great on this set (e.g. X-Reality instead of X-Reality Pro). They seem to have downgraded a few things from the HX729 to the HX750. However the 55HX750 (at this point in time) is cheaper than I remember the 55HX729 ever selling for (except for maybe clearance deals I guess).No I don't think there is anything mechanical in the TV. Could be a fan in there...
Hmm weird, so you're saying the PS3 picture quality is noticeably better than the Panasonic unit's built-in BD player as well. Maybe you should return the Panasonic (if possible) for something else?In other news, by some miracle the DISPLAY button/feature actually started working on my television on the HDMI inputs somehow. Don't think I changed anything but today it just started working! Now when I press the button I get the banner up with the input info, just like on...
Right exactly But I'm wondering, with the EDID copied and with a Sony TV, will the Sony TV output the IR codes as if it were the PS3DD? If that were true the PS3 glasses would work out of the box with just the EDID device. If the TV still doesn't output the IR codes though, then yeah you would need switchable or modded glasses.The poster I quoted seems to imply that a Sony TV will output the codes if the EDID is spoofed but maybe that's not what they were saying?
Last I checked ARC is not capable of anything more that S/PDIF over HDMI (meaning the best you can get for multi-channel is standard DD/DTS)I actually asked a similar question regarding ARC some time ago, and at the time the HDMI spec only had S/PDIF over HDMI. Theoretically it's possible for it to do more (and have lossless formats over ARC) but I don't think that has been implemented in any devices yet.Does the picture really look that much different going through the...
Ha yep that's the table I was referring to actually Interesting. So I don't get how that guy got it to work yet he has a YouTube video showing it in action.Oh so it doesn't work in practice? Hmm well all I need is Multi-PCM since that's all my receiver supports! It supports HD audio but not DTS-HD or TrueHD. It maxes out at 5.1ch LPCM over HDMI. (It's a Sony STR-DA7100ES. It has the -10dB LFE bug on LPCM-over-HDMI as well, but I "solve" this by using the Realtek driver...
Right, which is still HD audio, though no? In fact it requires more bandwidth than DTS-HD MA and TrueHD. My revceiver only does Multi-PCM (doesn't support TrueHD and DTS-HD), so that's perfect...well if I can get that working I mean!
I'd wait for the bench tests...as we all know most any mainstream receiver won't output its rated power but the DN1030 still output 94W x 5 and 80W x 4 (albeit at 1kHz) and it weighs in at less than 20lbs. The DN1040 weighs about the same and its "165W" rating is, in true hilarious fashion, with ONE channel driven...at 6 Ohms (and Sony is not the only one doing this 6 Ohm business these days either). So yeah it's definitely not going to do 165Wx7, but neither are many...
Hey there old friend I bought a 3D TV and now trying to work though how to get BD 3D to work through my older receiver (like HDMI 1.2 at best, only does Multi-PCM), which of course doesn't work. My blu-ray source is my HTPC which has an HD 6750 in it.So from the table earlier in the thread, AMD doesn't offer two streams (or audio from one and video from another HDMI port)? But it will work if you have two video cards? I guess it would be cheaper to buy a 5450 or similar...
Hmm reading that thread it seems you need a second card to do it though? Like a cheap 5450 or similar.But reading through the other EDID thread... How was this guy able to do it on his non-3D Denon?http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-overrides-to-solve-bitstreaming-issues-for-ati-5xxxs/2070#post_19951019He never mentions specifically but from his receiver reading "Multi" in the videos it looks like he's not only getting frame-packed 3D 1080p but also lossless audio?
I'm a bit confused here... If you spoof the EDID (by using an EDID-HDMI Detective, Dr.HDMI, etc.) will a Sony TV then output the IR codes for the Sony glasses to work in LL or RR mode by just touching the button...as if it were the PS3 3D Display (let's call it PS3DD for short)?Or will you still need modded glasses (or switchable glasses like the Fury ones or the Xpand ones that can manually switch)?It would be nice if Sony would allow the PS3 to do this for all Sony 3D...