or Connect

Posts by ack_bk

I am more of a rock/alternative type of listener, but I did listen to some jazz on the Goldenear's when I demoed them and they were outstanding. Without having demoed these particular speaker lines back to back together, it would be hard to tell you one way or another, I just find that I have a preference for folded ribbon tweeters when it comes to music. Not sure about dealers in your area but there may be a dealer that is willing for you to demo both these in your home...
+1 on these. Andew Jones Pioneer speakers sound as good to better than many speakers that cost 3 to 4 times the price.
Yeah, very different sounding speakers. I like them both but tend to prefer the ribbon tweeters of the Golden Ear speakers for music. Will be hard to recommend either as it really comes down to sound preference that only a demo can provide (best in your own room).
22' back from your screen is really far. I realize this stuff is confusing and there is a lot of information, but if we use THX as a standard it recommends the following from 22' distance for a 16:9 screen:http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.htmlTHX recommends your screen be 196" diagonal For a 106" screen THX recommends being about 11.5' back for the optimal viewing distance and angle. So if you have room to move your main seating around you may...
The KEF's look good. I like that they are enclosed, but you will want three vertical ones behind the screen (don't do a horizontal center channel if you can do vertical, vertical will improve your off axis response and allow you to get the tweeter near ear level. Those front three speakers alone would be over a third of your budget...I am using these for my mains and I love them (they would save you about $300 per...
I just want to share that I had a terrible experience at accessories4less, and I have bought many items there over the years (at least four receivers). I bought a Denon refurbished receiver and it kept going into protect mode out of the box on day one. I contacted accessories4less and there is one person that handles all customer service issues and he is 100% useless. He basically said it was not his problem and to call Denon. My brand new receiver spent about a month...
These are very good DLP Link glasses, no emitter necessary:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optoma-ZD301-Link-Glasses-Projector/dp/B00CHHWDQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388149087&sr=8-1&keywords=optoma+3d+glassesThese are cheaper, but some folks at AVS have had pretty good results:http://www.amazon.co.uk/SainSonic-Rechargeable-eMachines-Projectors-compatible/dp/B0081JPABQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1388149191&sr=8-6&keywords=optoma+3d+glassesThis is the Optoma RF emitter you need and...
Buy a decent subwoofer and be done with it. None of the tower speakers you are looking at can touch the bass of a good dedicated subwoofer. You are basically missing out on more accurate tight bass, and lower frequency bass. Buy a good sub and then cross over your speakers in the 60-80hz range (I recommend starting at 80hz per THX recommendations and adjusting from there).
Do you have a picture of the room? Your audio guy may be recommending in-wall speakers because there may not be a good place to put enclosed speakers? Do you already own the screen? One option is to buy an acoustically transparent screen and and place 3 vertical in-wall speakers behind it. The results are you get amazing imaging and soundstage. This is what I did and it made a huge difference for audio quality, especially with regards to the center channel where about...
You do not want to recess cabinet speakers into the wall. At this point you are most likely going to have to seal up the wall if you want cabinet speakers, and even in you buy in-wall speakers, you are most likely going to have to patch the drywall as those cutouts are massive. I would not put the subwoofer in the wall either. Inceiling speakers can sound great if you place them properly and buy the right type/brand. At the end of the day your room will dictate...