or Connect

Posts by ack_bk

Well, not that it is a bad thing. Carada makes some very nice screens. There are some other cheaper brands out there like Jamestown, Elite, etc. But $600-700 on a good quality screen is very reasonable.Where are you located?
Sorry, when I said odd I only meant you don't often see that size. If Carda offers one great. It will not make it any more difficult on the projector. As the above posted mentioned, there is probably little difference in picture quality between a cheaper Vapex screen and a Carada screen. Usually the difference lies in the frame and construction. The Carda will most likely have a nicer frame
Too many lumens can affect blacks and shadow detail. Also makes it harder to dial in colors. That said, yes, you can do things to lower the lumens. Turn brilliant color to 0-2 setting, run the lamp in Eco mode and also keep in mind that lamps start dimming as soon as you start using the projector. In other words, if you measured the lumens on your PJ on day 1 and then measured them a year later, you will notice some dimming. And if you plan on doing lots of 3D, lumens...
I have spent a lot of time with a W7000, as that is the projector I recommended to a friend (his first) and I helped him with his entire theater build. I currently own an Optoma 131Xe, and while I love the Optoma, the BenQ is a better projector IMHO. Black level is better, colors are more accurate, and it is plenty bright enough. 3D is very good (although the same can be said for all these DC3 DLP projectors). The BenQ does have lens shift which is nice to have and...
102" is an odd size. You most likely will need to choose between 100" and 106" diag. Keep in mind the frame adds a 3-4" border around the entire screen, so that is 6-8" added between the bottom and top of the screen with the frame included, and the same for the sides. You need to keep this in mind with regards to your less than 8' ceilings and your requirement that the screen be above your center channel speaker.BenQ is pretty well known in the projector world. The...
What is the warranty on the W7000?
With your center channel 26" off the floor and your ceiling being less than 8', I would probably stick with a 100" diag screen. If you are sitting 10-11' back this screen will be a great size and will make your 60" HDTV look small Just to be clear, do you have an AV receiver now that supports HDMI 1.4 spec for 3D? I agree with the above that you should read around, but my recommendation would be a BenQ...
But I can confirm that the 131Xe is significantly better than the Epson 3010 and 3020 (I owned the 3010) and it does cost twice as much. The only LCD Epson projector that will be better for black levels would be the 5030 which is $2500. And then you have to hope you get one that does not have a loud iris, because that is how Epson gets better contrast than the single chip DLP projectors (by employing an auto iris). I have had mixed results with hearing Epson irisis. ...
http://www.optomausa.com/products/detail/HD25eAccroding to Optoma the HD25e is 2800 lumens. The HD25-LV is 3200 lumens.I would probably go with the BenQ or look into the Optoma 131Xe that is 2500 lumens but there have been lots of reports of lens softness issues that could affect your needs as an AV device.
Thanks for clarifying his statement, but I guess the statement still makes no sense to me. Nobody that is a videophile looking for for top level performance is shopping for a sub $1K (let alone sub $3K) projector. I don't even understand the point of making the statement or where he is going with it. Even though there may be more color accurate projectors like the BenQ or Epson's, neither of these will be able to satisfy a videophile in terms of black level...