or Connect

Posts by Jmouse007

Advice needed: C/L/R 3000 or CS-8080HD Definitive Technology Center Channel Speaker? I have a dilemma and need some advice from Def Tech owners who are familiar with these two center channel speakers. Our present system consists of a pair of 7001SC main speakers powered by a Parasound Halo A21 power amp, 4 BPVX surrounds (2 side surrounds and 2 rear surrounds) powered by a Parasound Halo A51 power amp, and a pair of BPX front-height ambient speakers powered by a...
All I can tell you is what I heard. As for my hearing, I am very fortunate in that regard. You are probably right about the PARASOUND monoblocks, but they were unavailable for my A/B tests at the time. You are also correct on paper regarding the A51 and A21 but we have owned our A51 for over six years and I am intimately acquainted with everything I demoed once our new Halo A21 was installed and everything I observed. was true. Don't ask me to explain it because in all...
PARASOUND Halo A21 purchase, to complete PARASOUND 9.2 home theater surround system UPDATE: Our PARASOUND Halo A21 arrived and was installed on March 25, 2014. A dear friend had given me a beautiful pair of Ethereal EP-XLR22 XLR cables to connect the A21 to our ONKYO PR-SC5508. With the addition of the Halo A21 to our Halo A51 and Halo A23, the last piece of the PARASOUND 9.2 puzzle was complete. Once all nine channels were properly connected and speaker wires...
"beamed" = beautiful... Man I dislike auto word spell check on the IPod Touch! (
Thank you, we are very excited and thankful. As to your statement I don't forsee Richard and the folks at PARASOUND doing that any time soon so if your not interested in a pair of their massive Halo monoblocks you could always go with a pair of beamed Halo A21's. That would give you the POWER your looking for, for nearly half the price. And a pair of A21's in silver sure would be beautiful and they would sound fabulous. The only problem is their would be 2 amps instead...
We were in your situation and went with the PARASOUND Halo A51 along with a Halo A23. The A 51 powered all 5 channels and the A23 powered our Front height ambient speakers. The sound is nothing short of fantastic. The nice thing about going with the A51 was when we wanted to move up to a 9.2 set up down the road all we had to do was order a fantastic sounding Halo A21 dedicated to powering our main L+R front speakers (Def Tech 7001's). We just ordered one in silver two...
Don't get rid of your Halo A51, Just add an A21 before the price jump. Have the A21 power your main L+R speakers and have your A51 cover the center and all 4 surrounds. That is the set up we have, along with a Halo A23 powering our front height ambient speakers. We just bought the Halo A21 in silver two weeks ago. Kudos to Richard for his advice concerning all of my questions and which Halo amp to go with. Now our 9.2 surround system going through our ONKYO PR-SC5508...
Jeff at J-corder does an outstanding job of totally restoring and modifying/upgrading these wonderful audio works of art so I am confident that once he has worked his "magic" my cherished machine will get sold to a new owner who appreciate it and enjoy it for decades to come just as I have. Although it was very hard to part with our RS-1700, the sale has provided me with the funds needed to complete my 9.2 PARASOUND surround system. I just ordered a Parasound Halo A21 in...
Well, I have some good news. I recently parted with a pristine, vintage audiophile Technics RS-1700 10 1/2 inch reel to reel recorder with optional rose wood sides and "Micky Mouse" dust cover along with some 10 1/2 inch Maxell tapes that I have owned for 33 years. I sold it to J-corder
We have a STEWART Tab-tensioned Electriscreen with FIREHAWK SST fabric. Beautiful screen, great with ambient light, grey screen that works well with 2D and 3D. VERY pleased with the screen and the company... STEWART stands behind what they sell 100% and their customer service was a pleasure to deal with.