or Connect

Posts by jstrazz

I AM able to record 4 HD programs at once. Sorry, I should have clarified that. That was one of the first things I asked about when I made the switch. I have 3 TVs hooked up to it and all are HD and this was an important consideration for me.
Oh...ok. Now I get it. I can record/watch 4 shows at once so I guess I have 4 streams. You are right about the HD quality on U-Verse. It is not as good as Comcast on my local channels. I use an antenna with a TiVo box to record local channels anyway. I use the U-Verse box strictly for cable channels.
I'm not sure what you mean. Most of the channels in the system are duplicated in HD. VOD is not as expansive as Comcast, but all the premium channels have VOD in HD. Not the case with local networks.
Thank you for explaining that. It's nice to know they're not doing stupid things...though I would not put it past them. BTW: I'm very happy with U-Verse. Not only did they NOT take away HD channels, they have far more than Comcast EVER did.
I no longer have Comcast. I switched to AT&T U-Verse. Are you folks saying that Comcast completely removed the local HD channels and left the SD versions on the system? That doesn't make sense. Why would they do such a stupid thing?
Hi all Sorry for the late reply but I'm just reading the post. I don't know the model TERK antenna that I have. All I can tell you is that it's amplified and has a directional "yagi" type element for UHF and rabbit ears dipoles for VHF. The important thing is its AMPLIFIED. Without the Amplification, your reception will be poor or non-existent. Also, you should move the antenna as far away from the TV itself as possible. You may want to even extend the length of the cable...
Deleting channels to put them on demand is asinine.
You may or may not be able to tell the difference, but an antenna will deliver a completely uncompressed signal as opposed to cable. I have both cable (with a cable box) and antenna (attached to my TiVo box) and I see no difference.
You are very welcome. Glad I could help. ?
Quote: Originally Posted by ltownsend THANKS! I will try that. When adjusting the antenna, adjust for the UHF channels first, then adjust the rabbit ears for the VHF without moving the position of the UHF part of the antenna. Let me know how you make out.