or Connect

Posts by malsip72

UPDATE: I first made and painted my SILVER FIRE 2.0 screen 3 years ago. I have don 4 or 5 touch ups with the prevail sprayers. (works great). And now I have decided to do a whole freshen up. My wife and I both smoke and used to smoke in the room with the screen. We had tried cleaning it with a magic eraser. That works well, but leaves some streaks which drove me nuts. We are no longer smoking in the room at new house. So I figured its time. I still have 1/2 a gallon of...
Hey guys. Been about 17 months since I painted my SF screen. Best decision I ever made. I am in awe every time I fire this bad boy up. HC1500 projector. Had to fix 2 scratches as I put my screen up and down daily. Very easy with prevail sprayer. So remember Football Season is here and if you already have a DYI screen, I had 2 with 10 different materials before SF. Don't wait any longer or waist anymore $$ trying to re-invent the wheel. PB and Mississippi Man are the...
Been a year since I painted my 2.0 SF screen. With lots of great advice from MM/PB. Thanks again. Thought I would give an update on performance: My screen is made to be semi portable in that I take it up and down daily. It sits on the lip of my TV Stand and is velcro to the top of TV to keep from falling forward. Smoking allowed in home, Mitsubishi HC1500 pj. w. 3400 hours. I have had to was dust etc.. off screen 2 times in the last year. If you are carefull, and I...
I am sorry I fell into my New screen and have not reported back. For those of you thinking of trying this screen, ABSOLUTELY TRY IT! I read, reread, and waited almost 3 years to give it a go. In the process spent hundreds of dollars trying different fabrics. This SF mix amazes me every time I turn on the PJ. Everytime, I say I can't believe how good it looks. And if you are already reading here, The masters can and will point you in the right direction. I am still...
I got your message and am setting up to do the duster coasts today. I had to wait for a couple heavier spots 2 dry as to fix them. Will get some finished shots up by the weekend. I already looks better with a couple days drying I cant wait to get the dusters on and see it perform. Great Thanks to pb_maxxx and Mississippi Man for all there help.
Thanks to all for the help/tips/tutorials provided. Those with some common sense will get Silver Fire to anyones Home. Here are a couple shots of the finished screen, still drying, but close. Close UP: Spray booth I taped upn in my living room. 1st Photo shows inside this is from the outside. It was tapered down on the opposite end from screen with a box fan sucking the fumes out. My wife has asma and could hardly even tell I painted. Good luck to anyone...
I used it, but even as thin as I have it, only will drain about half or less in 30-40 seconds. But it is spraying out about 10" wide at 12" away from screen. Starting to look like something. Duster did what it was supposed to, but boy did it look scary. I have a picture after 2nd duster dry. and bare board before paint. Have to figure out how to post em up.
I have put down 2 duster coasts, trying to take my time and no runs. Paint was still way to thick on first attempt. gun was trying to spit a little. I ended up adding about 10 more OZ of water to get it to move through the tool vicosity tool with the cs. Now it is spraying much better. Question of will 4 or 5 coats needed hide the inconsistent spraying on the duster coat(s)? Thanks guys Off to run errand while duster dries!
Paint is mixing, just double checking for 2.0 mix. will be getting 1 and second coats tonight. Pics to follow. thanks to all for the help
Just to clarify my previous post: I only did the research to wagner and gleem to try to get usefull information to help others. I in know way doubted or distrusted anyone experience, and was that experience that has saved me a huge headache! I have followed up with wagner and am sending in the photo with text added labeling the 2 tips and needles from the CS. and the one From the Plus which is the same as the 300watt Dual Duty HVLP. Thanks again for the support and sure...