or Connect

Posts by mvrock

Looking for help. I have 3 (might have 4) comcast boxes, all the same. I have several tvs, some of which are the same make/model. What remote control can I use so that I can address the cable boxes and the like TVs so that my IR commands aren't going to all? In other words, how do I send a signal to change the channel on cable box "A" without changing the channel on boxes "B", "C", and "D"? I was looking at the Harmony 900 because that has RF, but I don't know if that...
I need a recommendation for a remote control for my house. In the rack I have 3 comcast cable boxes, a sony dvd changer, an oppo dvd, and a blue-ray player. They run through (except the blue-ray, which goes straight to the theater avr) a shinybow 8x8 component video, digital audio matrix and then get distributed to 1. the theater avr, 2. the master bedroom avr, 3. the master bath TV, 4-5 TVs in the sports bar, 6 Study TV, 7, Family Room TV, 8 office TV. I have Cat 5 run...
Can anyone offer me some assistance on what/how to install the Elan Com2 with the Nuvo Grand Concerto. I bought the Com2 to enable whole house paging via the phones and Music on Hold, etc, but the unit I got (on Ebay from an installer whose customer changed his mind) didn't come with a manual. I have internet phone as well. All I now/assume for sure is that the telco should run directly out of the router to the Com2 and then out from the Com2 to the phone distribution...
I have to distribute cable through the home. There will be 6 high-def feeds (1 to cable card, 5 to STBs), and 3 or 4 regular feeds (no set-top box [for now]). I know I should use a bi-directional splitter/amplifier. But what I don't understand when looking at splitters, etc. is some are 900Mhz, some 1Ghz, some 2Ghz. Which kind to I need and, for this number of feeds does anyone have any recommended products or combination of products? Thanks
I'm using (for starters) a Xantech 795-20 4-zone, ampified connecting block. I'm using CAT5 for the cable. I had a couple of questions: 1. I have one area where I'll have a receiver on a wall (in the bedroom) and a receiver on the opposite side of the same wall (in the bathroom). Can I use the same CAT5 cable for both since I only need 3 wires each, or will that cause them to interfere with each other? 2. The Xantech controller has 2 ports for each of 4 zones, plus...
Gotcha, thank you
Thanks. what about shielded or unshielded?
Can someone give some guidance as to which CAT5E to use for what? I have to run computer network, nuvo grand concerto (to keypads) phone, ir, and component video over cat5 (see link). Which cable to I use? there is solid pvc, stranded, shielded, 100Mhz and 350Mhz, STP, UTP. One box of stranded said it cannot be used with punchblocks. Ordinarily I'd just buy typical 350Mhz but I want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff for all applications. Please help, thanks. ...
what is that?
Ordinarily for cable I'd run it into an amplifier/splitter and send it out to 8 or so locations throughout the house. However, can that be done when the cable is going to be sent to four locations where there are HD Set Top Boxes? I thought I heard both digital cable, and HD Cable in particular should NOT be amplified when distributed. Can someone verify this or set me straight? The short of it is, I have cable coming into the house and I need it to get to 10...