or Connect

Posts by HaLo6

BT.etree.org is awesome! beend using it for years!
I would be careful about putting motherboards on cloths like that... thats a good way for some static electricity discharge... put cardboard down instead...
So I discovered that there is a diffrence (they are not bi-directional in nature) in reverse breakout cables in case anyone didnt know. I had a supermicro raid card that had the SF8087 to SATA which I tried in reverse when I got my norco case since the backplane is the SF8087 connectors and I have a 3Ware raid card that was SATA connectors only. Something is different in the wiring... not sure if that could be your problem...
Can you run dual video cards one spitting out the HDMI (PAP supported) and the other spitting out YPbPr?
Bueller?
I would love to know this too because I have an RTI XP-8 that has RS232 which would make the HTPC more reliable...
So I have a projector that is in the basement that runs off HDMI, and its my primary display. But I also have a Cat5/Comp distribution matrix for the rest of the house that I would like to utilize. Is there a way to have the HTPC output both component into my matrix and HDMI directly to the projector? Or is it simpler to build a separate HTPC for component use only?
So I figured it out, I took the 5507 out of my rack and took it apart to find that the XLR daughter board wasnt even connected. I plugged in the two ribbon cables and put it back in the rack, hooked up the XLR's and BAM out came sound!!! I am glad I am technically savvy enough to have noticed this by taking the case off... that would have been a BS fix to have had to send it to a service center due to a careless QA oversight by Onkyo....
Pin Outs are the same. I just ordered XLR to RCA adpaters for each end of the XLR cable to see if its the pre/pro or the amp... maybe their is a connection cable that is loose , I am going to call the service center today and investigate.
I have a problem that has appeared recently, I just made the switch to an XLR capable amp (B&K 125.7) and am using Kimber Hero XLR's. Hooked everything up, selected XLR inputs on the Amp (little push button) and I dont get any sound (other than the RCA Subwoofer). If I use RCA out from the 5507 to RCA in on the amp it works great... I have the newest firmware and can't think of any reasons why this isn't functioning. I checked one of the XLR's with a multimeter to see if...