or Connect

Posts by Calaveras

The Saga of K02QX K02QX is another One Ministries station. July 2010 - Is granted a construction permit for a 300 watt transmitter on RF 2 on Fremont Peak. May 2013 - Is granted a 6 month extension to complete construction. December 2013 - Is granted another 6 month extension to complete construction. March 2014 - Is granted a License to Cover the construction permit. March 2014 - Is granted a Silent STA because only now they discover that KOTR analog is already on...
You haven't got any recommendations that will work because what you're asking for is impossible. Every situation is different and yours requires an outdoor antenna. If you can't do that then you need to purchase cable TV. There is not that much difference between most of the indoor antennas. There is no magic antenna that dramatically outperforms the rest.
If the signal quality is jumping around that means the signal is being affected by the trees as they move. You might be able to find a better spot but the only way to really fix it is to clear the tree tops. It may seem illogical, but trees can ruin one station and leave the others unaffected. I had this situation at one location where I installed an outdoor antenna. All the signals passed through a stand of tall trees. One station was destroyed when the wind blew and the...
Josh, With your low VHF antenna you'll probably want to look for stations coming in via sporadic E from mid May through early August. That's the "E" season. Look on channels 2 - 6. It was much easier when there were many analog stations but it may be possible to receive some LP stations. Signals vary rapidly and there is often multipath which would make decoding the DTV signals difficult. Skip is very common on channel 2 but rare above channel 6 into the FM band. I've...
I have no idea why KMUM is broadcasting ION but I doubt that it means anything from KSPX.Chuck
I never see anything here that lasts 24 hours a day for 2 weeks but conditions can vary widely from location to location. There's no special ducting for one frequency band only. It usually affects all frequencies to some degree but what you receive is highly dependent on the location of the transmitter so it might appear to affect some signals/frequencies more than others. At my location all signals from Fremont Peak and Mt. Toro seem to go up and down in unison. But...
I want to point out that a problem of using an antenna for channels for which it was not designed, beyond the frequently negative gain, is that the peak response is often in some direction not pointed at the transmitters. Often pointed at the transmitter is the worst position. It's easy to have a situation where you need to turn the antenna for say a VHF station away from the direction for all the UHF stations. This would ruin UHF reception. Even though there are numerous...
A brief trip report....... I visited my parents who live in Sun City Palm Desert which is right next to Indio on the eastern end of the Palm Springs market. I had enough material left over from my 33 element UHF log periodic project to build an 8 element UHF log periodic on a 2 foot boom. The design predicted 6 dB gain and 20 dB front to back ratio.The antenna needed to fit in the trunk of my car. I took a 2 piece nylon pole for the mast and a Winegard AP8700 for the...
Yes, FM has ducting too. You'll find something going on everywhere at the same time.Chuck
Even though I've been gone for a few days I noticed we had some inversion issues. A couple recordings on Friday night are a bit short of an hour on KOVR. This afternoon, the time with the least ducting, Salinas stations were pounding in here. KQET was overriding KOVR. KMUV analog was full quieting. Anything on Sutro that is co-channel with Salinas was wiped out.Chuck