or Connect

Posts by woofdawg

Hey Zasy99, I have the pio 8100 connected to the 1019 with no problems. Maybe you might want to do a system reset on the 1019 and start from scratch resetting the input/output configurations. Sounds like something in the setup is off. Also, check the pj input settings. When I first got the 8100, I went to setup: config: Projector settings: Auto source off and hooked up the hdmi and had no problems.
I just got the slimboy yesterday and will be tinkering with the settings on my AVR for more comparison. I have no need for more volume, I do however like the increased clarity which bitstream is giving me right now. I doubt the 1019 has the same processing abilities as your Elite for the PCM. Everything I've read so far about PCM vs Bitstream indicates that there should be no/little difference, and yet there is with mine. The 1019 is not exactly a high-end AVR, which is...
Yea go figure. I don't have an engineering degree, but I do have my ears to judge the quality. Right now my ears are saying "Yo...this S#*! sounds better!" I suppose it's up to the individual's setup and eqpt. For me, I'm getting sharper sound via bitstream and a sharper image with slimboy.
Also, check out this AVR. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._RECEIVER.html Almost same as the 1019, check Pio's web for a comparison of the 2. J and R was selling them for $329 a month ago but are out of stock now. Good price/performance ratio for HT.
+1 Bought Fatty 2 months ago from BB and exchanged yesterday for the slim. As an added bonus, they also price matched to $299 and I got $100 back...Nice! As for the whole PCM Vs bitstream debate... I set slimboy to output bitstream thru my Pio 1019 and Mirage omnisat speakers. Two noticeable differences: 1. Volume level is higher. Instead of listening at -25, it's now at -32. 2. Audio clarity is more defined on the med-high end. This is not simply perception,...
You might want to try going to different BB/Magnolia's in SD and look for closeouts on the omnisat V2's (almost identical to OS3). I bought (new and sealed) 4 V2's and a V2 CC for $350 about 10 days ago. Bought and returned the Omni 150 5.0 package from Vann's. Great sound, but much larger than I preferred. Bought and returned Take classics, lacked too much in midbass and high's were mediocre. Decent speakers for price, but the upgrade bug will hit you sooner than you...
Hi Oliver, Not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve. However, if you are looking for 5.1 surround sound from 2 channel audio sources why not use one of the surround modes on the avr? With a 5.1 system you should not be using speaker B (only A) outputs, speaker B's are meant for a 2nd zone (ie different room). Check the manual for speaker setup. I'm still tweaking my 919 and use the "EXT. STEREO" mode for 2 channel audio. This gives a very pleasing enveloping soundstage...
I just recieved the 5.0 omni 150 package from vanns, http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...irage-omni-150 and hooked it up to my PIO VSX-1019. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these regarding speaker height due to the omnipolar design. I spoke with a Mirage techie yesterday and he suggested placing the height approx. 12-16 inches Above ear level for the front LR. I will be making stands for the fronts and wall mounts for rears (I'm a woodworker) and would...
The def tech's were much brighter in showroom and kind of muddled at home. I returned the def tech's and just had the TSC TSAT's (4 1000's, 1 2000 as CC) delivered. will hook em up right now and go surfing for a few hours while they warm up with some music.
Hey guys, I am not admonishing anyone. I just have a frustrating problem which I'm trying to solve. I sincerely do appreciate all the input you have given. The only person I admonished was allargon for offering a critique with no added value. I realize that there are acoustical problems, however I don't believe they are as bad as they sound (although I'm far from an expert). I'm just trying to get myself into the ballpark and will work out fine details later adding...