or Connect

Posts by CharterJames

Good deal, TiVo has good phone support (I've been regularly impressed by them) unfortunately I'd say 50% or more of Cable Call-Center personnel don't know what to do with a cable card. Which is funny because 9 out of 10 times they usually just need to be cold initialized
I've seen similar bugs - Try this - if you have a SWAP button on your remote hit it to swap tuners, then swap back and rewind a bit. Frequently when tuning to a channel digital boxes are known for occasionally hiccuping... usually it's no audio or no picture. - I've heard of the No dialog issue (most likely dolby encoding) - a power cycle may clear memory fragmentation as well as force the box to rediscover it's return path (which helps if a signal issue has been...
I don't blame anyone who goes TIVO - Moxi get's my vote for best interface, but so far the BMC9012 is the only one in common usage (somtimes if you're lucky you'll get a BMC9022) Both of these have low grade tuners that give a horrible picture on most LCDs and Plasmas when watching analog channels. the DCT6416 has excellent hardware, but pairing it with the glitchy A24 version of I-guide brings it down. Tivo is a nice middle ground, it's got good hardware and good...
Just remember 1) TIVO HD uses 1 "M Card" (multi-stream cable card) Series III uses 2 cards (m or otherwise) and Anything else requires a cable box! 2) TIVO really needs access to a broadband connection - and they only work with certain USB wireless adapters (course those of us who ran Cat5 to their TVs don't have this worry ) 3) TIVO requires a subscription fee for guide data access and special features... and at last check they did away with lifetime membership...
It's better than a 404 Digeo's still alive, but I think their recent shakeup has left some lasting effects and created a very large question mark over any and all release and deployment dates.
That shouldn't be a problem there - we should have plenty in stock across the NC/SC marketsBut I wouldn't get my hopes on that part - so far as I know *if* any 3012s are on our system they are only in St Louis. - Digeo may have said Charter Customers should be able to get them by Q3... but so far I've seen nothing officially on our side that confirms that. I do know we got 'em in our labs, but that's all I can confirm.It's lost. The drive was encrypted to work only with...
Your on the edge of the Charlotte DMA (Demographic Marketing Area) as well as the Winston DMA. North Wilkes is in both, but I know at work they've told us that Hickory / Boone are only in the Charlotte DMA (which is why we don't officially* carry the winston channels up there) I'm not versed in antenna workings, so I'll leave that to the other gurus, but I thought I'd point out the DMA setup in your area. *Officially we do not carry any of the Winston channels outside of...
That should have no problem, Sorry for any confusion - the Coaxial in that case is refering to the SPDIF coaxial audio (an digital audio RCA type connection) as opposed to the RG6 RF in coax line. All three are digital audio and should reproduce accurate 5.1 sound through most home theaters - FYI - if you don't get a picture when you pass through your Pioneer Receiver it may not be passing along the digital encryption signal (which is a known issue on many receivers...
HDMI, Coaxial and Fiber should all pass 5.1
Yes, they have a very limited schedule, usually they run Major WWE events (during the live showing only) and TNT wrestling. Sometimes boxing and a few of the adult / mature oriented ppv specials