or Connect

Posts by CharterJames

with luck we'll have you up and working in no time
Most techs prefer the DCT/DCH 6416 - there are several reasons 1) Unified platform Of all the boxes used in a motorola system, only the BMC9012 (and eventually the 3012) have a different guide - Most Motorola systems are paired up with TV Guide's application suite, so the moto DVRs have the same interface, setup, operation etc... 2) Signal tolerance As many of you no doubt know, the moxi does not handle signal changes well, if the line isn't PERFECT then the moxi has...
There's plenty of help on here, just a matter of who hits reply first!This should have been on for quite a while - most markets enabled it ASAP - however not all equipment correctly gets the encryption handshake - this often occurs when a cable or device that cannot pass the encryption is in-line between the box and the TV. You can sometimes resolve this with a power cycle (sometimes you have to even powercycle the TV while the box is on) General support groups are...
Avery is very different, they haven't fully upgraded everything there so I don't believe ya'll have access to any of the HD QAMs (clear or otherwise) I've been told we are working to update and get them on par with Boone, but of course I know the people in Avery have been hearing that for a long time. Hopefully one way or another (if nothing else, when it goes ADS or all digital) there should be enough bandwidth to bring ya'll HD.
Usually when a handshake will not go through after a power cycle, it's a sign that the device connected isn't correctly decrypting the signal. As a general rule, most computer monitors where not designed with this ability (going back to DVI which suffers the same issue) In theory you'd think if they put an HDMI connection on a monitor that it would correctly decrypt from cable boxes, however given how often this happens with DVI, I wouldn't be surpised. But as a general...
BTW, anyone who didn't get the new lineup in the mail email me (First name . Last name @ Chartercom.com) and let me know what county your in and I should be able to get you one - I've got them for all of the Western NC and Blue Ridge markets as well as the rest of our areas in SC / NC / VA. I'm working up a QAM map for our techs in the near future so If you're a Clear QAM user let me know if you need QAM channel numbers
It's kind odd and wierd - most the bugs I've seen in this platform seem to be pretty universal - at least between DCT 6416s and DCH 6416s (which are the only two I am able to get my hands on) I've had some that keep pausing and freezing, others that seem to get the recording glitches more than others... a power cycle fixes the glitches, but you and I both know no one wants to spend all their time power cycling their box. Yet other boxes work great... even at the same...
Majorly excessive... most of us can look out the window and go "DUH it's raining" it's kinda like Charlotte Traffic reporting - if it's involving you, chances are you not only already know, but there's not a hell of alot you can do about it... and if it's not involving you, you really don't care. I can care about how horrible the rain in Northern SC is (no offense to those who live there) Likewise, I'm sure if there's a tornado in Hickory, they really don't need their...
With SDV so long as someone is watching in the area, it should be activated for all cablecard users - so if you're watching something popular, you're in luck
Sounds like there's a metadata tag giving it a false positive - Green is SD... it replaced Discovery Home a few months ago