or Connect

Posts by spincut

Oh god, you use IFC? I mean, ok I would say that gaming is probably the one area it would make sense, but I hate how it's used to hawk LCD's while playing films at the big box stores, and I hate the mode in general. I mean, even for gaming, as long as it isn't a PC feed, I am fine with playing a game as it's intended, fps slowdown and all. So if you're saying you only get a "little" with IFC turned on, then yeah, in a way that's a pretty solid endorsement, since I would...
There's no woofer on the bottom of that model it looks like? Just two holes in the back and one grille on the side it seems? Is it a sealed sub?
when you say "very little" how can you tell? Or did you just run a test? Or do you just mean you game and dont really notice any problems or issues. But yeah, I am still a little boggled at the idea that even when comparing older sets, somehow input lag along the same brand/line could be worse rather than the same or better?
Well that's a slightly different viewpoint though as you said "embrassed" before. Now, mind you, again, I actually had no issue with the PB12, if it didnt break I would still be using it, but I guess most are of the opinion that it wasnt very good? Either way, I am paying more than that for this, (and kind of doing my a/v guy a solid since he lugged it over, although I wouldnt keep it if it was crap), so I do want to know I am getting a good product. Not that sunfire...
yeah, when my friends PB12 broke I laughed at him, thinking he didnt take good care of it or something, turns out it was just a portent of things to come with mine, just a loooong time later after everyone elses had failed. But I actually didn't have a problem with the subs performance (aside from it breaking), keep that in mind. Anyway, I wasn't so much looking for alternative suggestions (as I imagine we could do that until the cows come home, and everyone and...
...and yeah, I'm a tad closer than spacecoast. If I had a few more feet away from the TV and was more a tad over 11' I would likely lean more toward the 55" than I am right now, where I seem to be in that perfect grey area to make it a back and forth decision.
So my a/v guy is trying to tell me on a Sunfire HRS-10 to replace my busted JBL PB12 (I guess they had defective amps and it just took forever, like as in 5 extra years for mine to die :P ) . Anyway, with my budget I have been a bit unimpressed with some of the lower end offerings out there from the higher quality places. I really liked Canton products, but again, way out of my price range for something that looked decent. So anyway, he brought it over and it seemed...
Well if it helps at all, I have been gaming on a 2008 Panasonic (the first year they started dong the THX mode) and not really knowing at the time what game mode did, I never really used it not seeing any necessity, so I did all my TV watching and gaming all via THX mode, and it seemed fine. At the time I was sold on the idea as well that all plasmas are great for gaming and dont have nearly the input lag that LCD's do, so I never even thought of that as a possible issue...
I still was pretty sure it was clarified by cnet that the 24p thing was only available for the GT30 in 3d, and that the 2d assumption was a typo.I agree. The THX mode is one of the main factors in me buying the set, and while others seem to be wondering what makes the GT worth it or dont care for the "dim" THX mode, I use my 800u's THX mode for everything, movies and gaming a like. I don't know how much the input lag has changed in the past 3 years (surely it wouldnt have...
And why do you insist on thinking everything I read is misread? While you were long gone by then, I think I pretty well proved your last attempt at accusing me of this was not very well founded either. It sounded to me like it said "so much for it looking well interior decorated" and I just pointed out A) there is nothing I can do about the pillar and B) I choose the places partially for that. And I have no measured, and the distance, roughly, from the couch to the TV...