or Connect

Posts by spincut

The new ones? Which ones? All of them? Is this from Panasonic? How much did the 2008's have? Less, the same, more? And of course, what about the Samsungs this year? Will they be just as competent gaming Plasmas as the Panasonics?
And GT30 is supposed to have better processing than the ST30 according to another user....the exact reason why though is also a bit fuzzy...
...that's why I'm asking though...the samsung's at least are out, and many many people on here (including a few pro's) own them....so really I don't think asking this question is quite so much like asking into a crystal ball...
Realizing of course that they havent much been tested yet, but when I bought my 800u back in 2008, I was under the impression that input lag was only an issue with LCD sets, and that plasmas had no such issue for the most part. Now I'm hearing, particularly in the past few years, that input lag has been an issue. Will I end up finding myself in any sort of problem area, particularily with the Samsungs (since the Panasonics seemingly have not arrived yet) this year as...
By better processing, I assume you just mean the THX mode? One thing that seems to have been clarified is that the GT and ST share the same panel whereas the VT has a wholly seperate one. Not sure what kind of advantage "dual power supplies" holds.....
Maybe this changed over the past couple years, but when I got my 800u, I had the panel replaced 3 times to make sure there were no dead pixels...while their stance on floating/rising blacks seems ridiculous, and I had to work a bit harder than I felt I should have to to have zero dead pixels, I found plenty cooperation and availability parts wise (although I do recall hearing something about that third panel being my last and if I had a problem then I was SOL :P ).Also,...
I wonder if ibr80 is still around. He had a 51d7000 and was pretty thoroughly giving it the once over. And as a potential future 7000 owner in particular, I'd love to see him run these tests to help clear up some of these issues (I believe though he was the one who came up with the one and only input lag test so far, that while was overall positive and sub 30ms, could not tell for certain what mode (game mode? Relax mode?) or processing was on). While he was almost a bit...
Damn, I thought the VT20 (or was it VT25? Difference?) was not supposed to have floating blacks...or at least barely noticeable/not as bad. But yeah, Samsung never did...so hopefully Pentdragon or someone can get to the bottom of this...Samsung doing undefeatable floating blacks as well would be baaaad news... I mean aside from the inevitable delays of the Panasonic sets, this is what scared me away from getting another Pansonic (since my 2008 one does not have it, and I...
What exactly are the "faster panels" of '11?? Is that even a thing we know about yet? Also, where you solely talking about other Panasonics? In this regard, I was also hoping to see which directional step I'm taking if I'm going from an 800u, to a 2011 Samsung set. Also, what exactly is done to the "higher" end panels following my '08 that would make them retain solid input lag performance? Or it just a coincidence since it sounds like whether a plasma has good input lag...
Cleaveland, do you have a B&M store? Or are you just an online based store? Basically what I'm asking is, if you do have all the high end samsungs in of all sizes, can you speak at all to this size discrimination stuff people are talking about, and if it's happening this year as well (presuming you have floor modeled varying sizes and lines of them and checked them out personally). Of course, I can imagine you'd probably prefer to seller bigger and expensive TV's via this...