or Connect

Posts by spincut

How long has it been this way? Because the opposite was posted in this very thread, I even recall there being a link stating it (I think it was during CES), so was this something that was re-clarified later on?
Or, from a different viewpoint, you never believe I beleive anything anyone says . But seriously, can you blame me? People here can largely be uninformed and inconsistent, and I am going on what the person ordering me to the TV from the supplier directly told me, so what would you like me to think? Not question the report of one person on here spotting it at a store? At first I thought you were giving me the advice not to be so gullible as to beleive anything anyone says...
But that is kind of aside from the point from what I was clarifying. It still has the same panel as the VT30, so whatever they say (and the validity of that may still be in question) will be true for the VT30 as well, it will not mean that the GT30 will be close to the ST30, as it has a different panel from the GT/VT models. The ST and GT are not the same minus the THX.
Sorry, but going to have to disagree with you there, and I am not sure if that was even the case early on. The GT30 is more akin to the VT30, as they share the same panel, the ST30 has a different panel, it is certainly not the GT30 but without THX. As I said in my original post, the GT30 is akin to the VT30 in much the same ways the 7000 samsung is akin to the 8000. Although I am not sure which is closer to their better counterpart.
Realizing of course that there arent really any reviews yet, but just based on how they've been viewed and what they're supposed to have feature wise, How does the 7000 stack up against the Panasonic GT30? At least in regards to them both being the 2nd from the top and both seemingly sharing a lot of if not most of the quality/picture oriented feature of their bigger brother? In other words, which one seems to be the better deal and which one comes closer to their top...
How does the 7000 stack up against the Panasonic GT30? At least in regards to them both being the 2nd from the top and both seemingly sharing a lot of if not most of the quality/picture oriented feature of their bigger brother? In other words, which one seems to be the better deal and which one comes closer to their top model version?
Huh? Really? But this has only been confirmed by "one" person so far? I mean, my AV guy said there still wasn't a release date yet, and no one on here had made it sound like it was coming out any time near the early Panasonics.
Wait, since when are either of these sets only a week away? I had thought it would be a while yet.
Werent the GT's supposed to be out at the end of Febuary? My AV guy had one on order a few weeks ago and also said they were on their way. Now he's telling me not till the end of March? Even though this is the first shipment of them? Is what I'm hearing wrong? I assume the Samsung 2nd best models, the 7000 (which like the GT seems very similar and shares the same panel to the top of the line model), are not coming out any time soon for sure to compare, right?
Wait, what? I guess I haven't looked recently, but the last time I checked the new website on Panasonic for the new models I thought the primary difference between the GT and VT was that the VT had the "pro" black thingy. I mean really, if they both use the same panel and both have the "pro" black filter now (anyone have a link confirming that?), what really will be the difference again??? Also, if the GT is apparently coming out by the end of Febuary, which is sort of...