or Connect

Posts by batpig

Yeah that's what you'd expect. The 60hz hump is almost certainly the port tune so I'd imagine it would just disappear and roll off earlier without affecting the rest of the range.
Also if you're hesitant, another advantage of waiting is that the servers experience the highest traffic loads right after the firmware is released meaning you are more likely to get a slow download or even a failure. Waiting a couple of weeks means you are more likely to get a clean download.
DSX is for expanding beyond 5.1 channels with height and/or wide speakers. If you don't have those extra speakers you can't use it.
Not sure about gate time, I'm just doing basic freq response measurements with the REW defaults. That's a setting I've never even thought to adjust, not sure what impact it would have in this context. These are standard 2-way bookshelf speakers with nothing fancy in terms of controls, other than perhaps that they have "bi-amp" binding posts (one set for the woofer, one set for the tweeter) connected by jumper straps. The MLP measurements showed a similar disparity in...
Thanks, but wouldn't all of the suggestions you provided be moot considering that (1) I measured nearfield with the mic ~1m away pointed at the tweeter and (2) I swapped the speakers' positions and got the exact same result (i.e. the diminished treble response didn't stick to the right side, but followed the speaker to the left)? It seems clear based on my tests that it's purely a speaker issue, and can't possibly be due to reflections or toe-in angle, otherwise the...
Yeah, I'm a bit confused now. He claims he read the FAQ, the manual, and all relevant info on Audyssey's website... yet he (1) still felt the need to ask the question which is abundantly answered in those sources and (2) did NOT follow the guidelines clearly laid out in the sources he claims he read? Not trying to be a d!ck here Wolfram but it seems like you are willfully ignoring the advice being given... it's cool that you felt like asking here on this thread just to...
So last night I spent some time measuring my front L/R speakers trying to understand their basic performance and fiddle with placement. Instead of measuring freefield from the MLP I wanted to do a more direct measurement so I loaded the 0-degree calibration file and went nearfield, with the mic about 3ft away and pointed directly at the speaker (aimed almost right at the tweeter, maybe a bit below). One thing I was investigating was that I had noticed in prior...
Way too wide of a mic spread. You should review some of the audyssey FAQs (I have a lot of links collected on my website). There are many suggested placement diagrams. Don't even try to measure the extreme side seats on the two walls. Those spots can never sound perfect since you are so far off the centerline, and trying to include them will just compromise the performance in the sweet spot. You aren't literally measuring each seat, you want to sample a "bubble" around...
However, in a slight bit of weird news I discovered that one of my RC-10's tweeters is about 1.5 to 2dB lower in output than the other. Red trace is the averaged response of the left speaker and green is my right speaker, both with grills off. I swapped speakers and measured each in both right and left positions and then averaged -- the dip was consistent in either position. The RC-10 crossover is spec'd at 2.4kHz and that's precisely where the two graphs...
A little measurement fun since I got my UMIK-1 mic and REW a few weeks ago. Tonight I was playing around with doing near-field response of my RC-10 front speakers, trying to understand why Audyssey correction needed to add so much extra energy in the treble range.... and if you wanted objective evidence of the impact of the grill being on, here it is:The graph above shows the averaged response of my Front L/R speakers (RC-10) with the red trace showing grill off, and...