or Connect

Posts by gorthocar

I hope we're just a few unlucky guys who have this problem, and I hope it is not an early indication of a failure trend. The HX950 was too good of a TV to develop a fatal flaw this soon. Yes, I did receive my X850A as a warranty replacement for my 55" HX950 that developed a bad row of pixels. The X850A is a refurb. Here are some HX950 vs X850A comparisons.The X850A is edge lit, and does not have full array local dimming. I miss having those insanely great black levels over...
Yes, like Kisakuku quoted, unplug the ethernet cable. You can enable a WiFi internet connection instead of having the ethernet connection for internet access and it almost completely eliminates this problem. But in my experience, it still happens once every 3-4 months; at least it is much better than once every few days.
So far it has been relatively painless. I would have loved to get another 55HX950 and would be thrilled with it for several more years, but in this quick product cycle CE world, it looks like they've moved on to the next model. They're going to send me a 55X850A as a replacement. Of the products currently available, that's a strong possibility for one I would have picked if I were buying new, though I haven't seen one with my own eyes yet. Price tag comparison, it is in...
The same thing happened to my 55" HX950 a few days ago, and I've already contacted Sony about warranty service. I was in the middle of watching a BD, and I noticed a line going across most of the screen. I thought it might have been the BD, so I switched my player into windowed mode on my HTPC, and it was on the panel, not the disc. It is there on all HDMI and ATSC inputs, and even when there is no input, it is still there in the menus. I even tried having it unplugged...
I, too, have had this problem. About once a week, my 55hx950 would reboot itself within the first 5 minutes after I turned it on. It was very noticeable and annoying because with my HTPC, after losing the HDMI connection, it would default to a lower resolution and shrink down all of the windows to it, and a few seconds later after the TV finished rebooting, then I could go about my business and resize my windows back. There was no way to consistently reproduce the problem,...
No problem here with my HTPC->receiver->950, though I think it went into Graphics mode by default when I first connected to it. Go to Settings -> Preferences -> Scene Select and you should be able to select "General" or something else other than "Graphics".
Bummer. Ugh, nvidia. I stopped using their crap years ago when they had several driver releases in a row with serious bugs. I think the one that pushed me over the edge was after I switched to 24Hz, then I could either switch back to 60Hz or have 24 bit color, but not both. I have nothing good to say about nvidia except good riddance. They're focusing exclusively on gaming stuff, and don't give the slightest care to media playback or the HTPC crowd.Good luck getting your...
I cut the cord 2.5 years ago, and I'm thrilled with the results. Channel Master 4228 in the attic going throughout the house for ATSC channels + a nice setup with my HTPC as a DVR for them. Redbox/Netflix/Amazon for discs, and a couple of shows with Amazon video on demand (Breaking Bad, Mad Men). I've changed my viewing habits by not watching sports any more; talk about being bombarded with ads nonstop. I miss the sports a little bit, but I love avoiding the ads. There is...
I use my HTPC as the only device connected to my HX950, but I generally try to avoid using WMC. What type of video card do you have? I assume you have an AMD/ATi video card if you are having this problem with WMC. If you go to the CCC panel, Video, Advanced Video Color, and set the dynamic range to "Full (0-255)", it should work. Don't ask me why, but AMD has their Full and Limited backwards. If you let it auto-choose by default, or if you choose "Limited (16-235)", then...
They're always doing some clock spread spectrum so your instantaneous refresh rate is jumping around a little bit. But averaging and rounding it to just 3 digits after the decimal, I'm getting 23.976 with the 7750. For reference, my 5770 got 23.975, and my 6450 got 23.977, and now my 7750 is hitting the sweet spot.