or Connect

Posts by kelemvor

Ah, good catch. I was looking under Video adapters instead of audio adapters and they have different products in each location. That looks like it'll work fine.Thanks.
My tuner doesn't have HDMI inputs so I send the HDMI signal to my TV which has a Digital Audio SPIDF Out on it. I then run that out back to the tuner which has the proper input. The output on my TV comes out the side so I'm looking for a right angle connector so the cables will end up going out towards the back. I normally head to Monoprice for anything like that and found this...
My media cabinet is only about 2'-3' away from the TV. It's just facing the wrong way so the remotes can't shoot into it. I don't need much for cabling.Thanks.
Building our our family room and will have the Media Cabinet not in a location that you can shoot a remote at it. So I need something to take the IR signal and get it to where it needs to be. I came across these over at Monoprice and they look like they'd work but just want to see if anyone else uses these (or if you'd recommend anything else) http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=9895&seq=1&format=2 I can put the receiving "eye" by...
So we're remodeling our family room and I had planned on putting the center and L/R speakers in the wall next to the TV. However, due to some plan changes we had to make, there is no longer room next to the TV to put the side speakers. So, I'm looking for alternatives. Attaching a pic of the space. Picture is taken from the approximate seating area. (The big pipe will obviously not be there when we're done...) The opening is for a 42" fireplace and the TV will go...
Howdy, I didn't find an official thread for this player but I'm hoping maybe it's close enough to other Panasonics that someone can help. I'm using this player to stream Netflix and am getting pretty crappy quality. The player is hard wired in so the connection should be just fine. However many times I can tell it's dropping down to crappy quality which I assume means it's not downloading well. Is there a way to press something on the remote and get some stats on the...
We're mounting our TV above a direct vent fireplace. Anyone know if there'd be any problem with heat from the fireplace affecting the speakers from inside the wall at all? I don't know how much heat would radiate out from the "box" of the fireplace that might go up into the wall cavity area. I was planning on using two of the 6.5" (4100) speakers on either side of the fireplace and the center speaker (4881) below the TV. I had never considered putting the center...
This is going to be part of a remodel so the wall the TV will be on will be put up from scratch after some other ones come down. I'll have plenty of space to put the cables just where I want them. I agree that having them in the same room, or at least close by, would be ideal but I'm not sure where that would be. I'll keep that in mind as we finalize the plans.... Thanks.
Wasn't sure which forum to post this in so if this should be moved, please move it.... Background: Anyway, my room is on the main floor of our house and the TV is going to be mounted over a fireplace. I don't think I'll have anywhere in the same room to put the components so I'm looking for other ideas. Someone from work suggested putting them in the basement directly below where the TV will be and then just running the cables up the wall. This sounds fine but I'm...
Probably just one. See belowThis is just for a chiropractor/massage office and is just for background music to have a more peaceful experience.I don't think this would be needed but if it's not too hard to add a wall switch in each room, I'm sure they research the possibilityNo idea, but the cheaper the better since this isn't something they were planning on doing. Right now they have some sort of iPhone docking station with a wireless speaker but it doesn't work very...