or Connect

Posts by raj2776

Thanks again Bill. I remember messing with that button while engaging Dynamic Volume in complete darkness. Not sure how many more cents it would have cost Denon to provide a backlight for those buttons. Anyway, glad to know the target curve can be changed on the fly. I have another issue with my setup. I have a Denon AVR-1912 for my backyard speakers and passive sub in the same media cabinet that has the AVR-4311 (side by side ... 10" apart). As you can imagine the remote...
Thank you for your input Bill and Brian. Your assessment is on the right track. I am pretty happy with the way Hollywood movies sound but it is the music that is lacking the high frequency response. Besides, 25% of Bollywood movie content are music videos and there too I feel that the upper frequencies are lacking.Bill: I have played around a bit with Audyssey disabled. Unfortunately, that turns off Dynamic EQ as well and without Dynamic EQ music sounds lifeless at low to...
All, I am a proud owner of a Denon-AVR4311, Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Center and Bookshelves for surrounds and a Seaton Submersive. I recently upgraded my receiver from an Onkyo TX-NR1007 so that I don't have to switch cables while occasionally watching a 3D movie with my kids on my 115" screen. In spite of the rave reviews I read about the AVR-4311, I feel the sound coming out of my speakers is not as crisp and lively as it did with the Onkyo. I have run the Audyssey...
Proud Seaton Submersive owner - Needs help and advice from the experts to get the most of his Submersive. Please help. All, I am happy and proud Submersive owner since September 2009. My setup is the best I have heard in anybody's home not because my set up is the best but because no one else in my local friends group is a HT / Audio enthusiast and certainly no one is an audiophile (certainly not me either). I really enjoy everything that comes out of my speakers and sub...
Note: Reposting this topic on the Speakers forum based on advice from jdsmoothie. Hello Forum members & Aperion Verus Grand Owners I need your expert advise to determine whether my desire to get a 5 Channel Amplifier is justified / feasible. Thank you. Current Setup (located in the Family Room - Powers 9.1 setup in the Family Room and 2.1 Setup in the Backyard): Family Room: Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1007 (awesome receiver but soon to be replaced by Denon AVR-4311 for 3D...
Hello Forum members & JDSmoothie & Batpig. I need your expert advise to determine whether my desire to get a 5 Channel Amplifier is justified / feasible. Thank you. Current Setup (in the Family Room - Powers 9.1 setup in Family Room and 2.1 Setup in the Backyard): Family Room: Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1007 (awesome receiver but soon to be replaced by Denon AVR-4311 for 3D capabilities and Audyssey XT32) Speakers: Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Verus Grand Center, 2 bookshelves...
@doomuser: Thank you for the valuable advise. I will give it a shot when I get home this evening. My only question / concern is: How would the receiver know whether to send signal for the Rear Back / Front Wide / Front Height channels if everything is set to "none". In other words, AUDYSSEY DSX and DD EX or DTS-ES all rely on theHeight / Width and back channels. Will those sound modes work if those speakers are set to "Null" ?@All: On a separate note, what are the best...
Subject: Need help with Pre Outs. No signal coming out of the 9 pre out RCAs. Powered Sub works fine. Hello All, I am a happy owner of this receiver since early 2010. Recently, I purchased the Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Center and bookshelves(as my Surrounds). I am very happy with the upgrade but I am not wowed as most of the other owners of the Aperions. When I talked to their tech support, they said that the Verus Grands were their top tier speakers and if I was not...
I disconnected all other HDMI components from the Receiver (except for the TV) and the HDMI control seems to be working again. I have reconnected all the devices except for the Denon Receiver and things seem to be working fine. The only issue I ham having at this time is that the receiver is turning ON everytime I turn the TV ON. I want to turn off the receiver when the TV is turned OFF but often my family members like to watch TV and not use the Receiver. I couldn't spend...
All, please accept my apologies if this is not the right place to post my concerns. I have owned a Onkyo TX-NR1007 for the past 2 1/2 years and have been very happy with it. However, last two weeks RIHD / HDMI Control is refusing to function. I had gotten used to the automatic turn off, volume control with TV remote and automatic input switching but now none of the things are working. All other HDMI functions including ARC, Standby pass through, etc are working...