or Connect

Posts by Eldave

I too am interested in a Rythmik-built 8" sealed sub. But since right now that doesn't exist, how would one go about ordering one 8" driver, and the appropriate amp, from the Rythmik site? I assume the amp one would use would be the HX300 (even though I only see it mentioned for use with open baffle design), which can be purchased from the "Custom Installation" section. But I don't see any way to purchase just one 8" driver (and I don't see any price listed for the...
I too am wondering if there will be a complete sub offered by Rythmik, based on the new 8" driver. I have a small living room in my apartment, and I tend to listen at low volumes. An 8" would probably be plenty for me.
I went from a Velodyne F1500 to a Rythmik F15 (not the HP model). My room is smaller than yours (20x12x8), but I can tell you that the F15 gets at least as loud as the F1500, and sounds better. If you get the HP model, I don't see how there's any way possible you will not be happy with it. I still have my F1500, which is now in the bedroom. I have A/B'd them, and there's no question that the F15 sounds better to me. The only thing that might throw you at first is the...
I too am wondering how to order the new remote. I emailed them about the free new remote, but I did so after the deadline. Maybe that's why I got no response. Now I am wondering how I can order the new remote for $5, as was mentioned in a previous post.
I suspect what Leo King meant by "It should be that way" is that since it's the same way on his DirectTV box, that my iview unit is most likely not defective, rather designers of these things just tend to design that way.Now, WHY a designer would choose to do that....that is a puzzler. Only thing I can think of (knowing a little about electronics) is that the wrong value capacitor was used to block DC going into the analog outputs' op amp. If you use the wrong value cap...
Ok thanks very much for that info, that's exactly what I was hoping to find out! For whatever reason, they must have put a high pass filter on the analog audio outputs. Kind of a shame, since some people are limited to using only those outputs (and the analog outs on my old standard def tuner boxes sound awesome, I'd think any new box would be at least as good as an old, budget priced standard def box). Anyway, now I know when I get my new receiver, with dig. audio in,...
Ok, thanks for that info! I guess I'll hold onto the iview since it sounds like the dig. audio outs might have the full bass response I want.Still curious though as to whether or not the lack of bass coming out the analog outputs is on all units, or is due to something being wrong with my unit. If anyone has done a comparison, either between the analog vs. dig outs of this unit, or else between the analog outs of this unit and another tuner box (like my Insignia or...
The only receiver I currently have that has dig. audio inputs is having problems, so I can't test it right now. Planning on getting a new receiver in about 2 months, but by that time I will no longer be able to return the iview.
Has anyone noticed the analog audio outputs on the 3500stb are very VERY lacking in deep, low bass frequency output? I have an audiophile grade subwoofer that can reach all the way down to below 20hz, and I really enjoy the low frequencies they put in many tv shows and even commercials these days. My Insignia and Zenith standard def tuner boxes have really good sounding analog audio outputs, with extremely deep powerful LOW frequency bass and I was expecting the same...
The XS30 seems to be a popular choice around here, but looking at the specs on the HSU site, and comparing to the graph on the PSA site, the ULS15 is down only 1 dB at 15 hz, whereas the XS30 is down 5 dB at 20 hz, and down 10 or 11 dB at 15 hz. That suggests the ULS15 has substantially better low end extension.