or Connect

Posts by erenninger

Well I sent my Denon 2807 for repairfor the 2nd time in a year, (4 years old) it would randomly cut out the volume after a day or two of use (about 6 hrs a day), then if you would leave off for a day or two it would sometimes come back on but would always cut out sooner or later, the repair place said there was nothing wrong with it..of course it worked when they tired it but the issue is on long use...i use the unit alot...I did it all put in cool area, kept space above...
I have the same issue with my 2807 as below, ive already had it repaired once a year ago, it was 80.00 but they said the part was 1.50. I wonder if this is capacitor related? I know my tv just had the same issue with not turning on an i replaced the capacitors and it worked, seems there are alot of capacitor issues "popping" up lately with electronics....any ideas...i hate to replace this unit, once in a while if i leave if it off it kicks on and i can get a couple days...
I reached out to HSU and per my room size: 10X11 ft room with 8ft ceilings,with a 24X80 doorway opening to a an open middle of the house room, basically a small office/media room. Here is what they came back with: Both the STF-1 and STF-2 should do a nice job in that space. The STF-2 will play a bit deeper and a bit louder, but the STF-1 is less expensive and has a more compact enclosure. I ended up ordering the STF-1 for under 300 with shipping. Excited.
upto date to on the software and driver, The unit is shows Dolby on the left side with all the speakers lit up FR C FL SL SR and same on the right although there is no Dolby on the right side lit up The center display shows Dolby Digital, still only way to get sound out of SL and SR is to change to 5 channel mode, any other thoughts?
Well looks like its saved for now, took cover off blew it out with air and let it unplugged over night, i moved the unit to a cooler spot and away from my other equipment will see how it does...so far so good. Now that my setting are reset looking for my old problem of 5.1 support. I run optical cable from my pc, my sound card supports Dolby and DTS (blaster X-fi), I can run a sound test form my pc and all speakers are good, meaning that when they say testing center...
cool thank you, any idea on a repair costs? Denon is actually near me so can save on shipping...if not any advice on a unit, i did so much research on this one and though I had everything I needed.... at this point if repair costs are above 200.00 Im thinking just a straight audio to replace this as it i really only run audio from my PC to it... full 7.1 and I only really play audio out of it anymore....no need for upscaling or conversion for video...just support of...
ok call it 2 then after i hit the 3rd power button...yes its reset
Hello, Ive had a flawless 2807 for about 5 years and today the volume stopped working. Not sure what happened but I can not change the volume I spin the dial and it does not show the volume changing. I unplugged and waited about 5 minutes and plugged back in, I put it on tuner mode and right off the bat I can control the volume but when I change it to say DVD I can not longer change the volume, nor is there any coming out. If I go back to Tuner nothing. I also...
what hookups would you use from the reciver? http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/...lifier-big.jpg
What did you think about the VR2s? I would have to say that i was expecting more. I thought they would stand alone alittle bit more, making me consider the sub is a big missing part. What did you end up going to any why, if you dont mind.