or Connect

Posts by Leo_Ames

Yeah, I knew exactly what you meant. An emulation program that on the surface appears perfect in the vast majority of instances despite the necessary shortcuts that had to be taken, the inexact or nonexistent technical documentation the programmer had available, and just mistakes and oversights in general that keep it from truly being a 100% software reproduction of the original hardware.I wasn't taking a shot at what you said, but more in general at anything like a...
From their latest newsletter... "How long have you been waiting to see this logo back on our newsletters? Xbox 360 fans of Pinball Arcade, IT IS HAPPENING! The transfer of publishing rights for the Xbox 360 version of Pinball Arcade has at last been granted to Alliance Digital Media by Microsoft. We have submitted all of the content and 360 users will soon be getting a massive title update containing all of the latest versions of the tables, all of the releases up to...
Many an official console isn't even 99.9%. Specifications drift as components age, manufacturing revisions create compatibility issues, programming quirks, locking out 3rd party publishers (Intellivision and Sega Genesis hardware revisions spring to mind), features are stripped out to reduce cost, etc. An emulator that is 97% (Although how you could ever truly quantify a percentage figure, I don't know) would essentially be perfect for all intents and purposes. Atari...
Hope they get a few more tracks out before shifting all their focus to Forza 6. Three or four more additions would at least provide a respectable amount of track variety. I know the Ring has been rumored, but anything else? I never heard anything about Turn 10 scanning Long Beach, usually such news pops up like when they did Bathurst.
An Ouya is a better deal than a Retron 5. You can pair it with a nice modern wireless gamepad, have additional emulators available for other systems not covered by the Retron 5, and don't need original cartridges all while having the same Androis based hardware guts at the core of it as a Retron 5 (And likely, the same emulators if rumors are to be believed that the only proprietary software on a Retron 5 is the front end itself with the programs being the open source ones...
There's no way that December 31st is anything but a placeholder.
I still use my original Super Nintendo which was a Christmas present in 1995. It's connected via S-Video to a Sony Trinitron and someday likely will be RGB equipped and connected to my HDTV via something like a XRGB Mini (Leaving the S-Video equipped Retro Duo with its excellent SuperNes half to take its place on my CRT for when the mood strikes to play on a CRT). In reserve still is an example of the Super Nintendo redesign from the late 1990's that was bought one year...
Some revisions of Sega consoles do not. The Master System 2 comes to mind and I believe the Genesis 3 is another that requires internal modifications to tap into RGB. And I've never heard of RGB out for the Dreamcast (Perhaps because of the ease and advantages of 480p output via a readily available VGA cable), so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that NTSC Dreamcasts require modifications although I don't actually know for sure one way or another. If you want to go RGB...
Been watching videos of the retro courses. My opinion was kind of mixed at first since I liked the straight forward method of updating that they've followed since introducing the concept a generation ago. But I think I'm a fan of remaking them now. These remakes of tracks from several generations could easily pass for original modern courses for any gamer not familiar with past entries in this franchise. Some, like Rainbow Road 64, are almost unrecognizable (I do wish the...
So you think a bundle without Kinect is coming? I hope so.