or Connect

Posts by Kilian.ca

Something (stylesheet?) definitely changed (on FF 24.00): on the main subforum pages the columns are now fixed width (for the font size) instead of variable irrespective of the browser width so they push everything to the right out of sight if it's not wide enough. Likewise if the browser width is wider than needed there is too much space on the right side. Don't think it's to do with add-ons as I didn't add anything. Also on Blu-ray.com for example the columns are still...
One of the earliest Panasonic BDPs also played DVD-A but it's too obsolete. Around or below the $200 mark there are Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, 53-FD and 62FD (soon to be replaced with new model). Universal BD/SACD/DVD-A player Mediatek platform - also used in Oppo Qdeo video chip (53FD and 62FD) - also used in Oppo dual HDMI - also in Oppo 'PAL' and 'NTSC' - also in Oppo, unlike Sony (NTSC only) can play SACD-R can be region hacked with firmware alone - unlike Oppo will send...
It's premature to conclude the remote is the 'wrong' one esp. if as you say it looks like the same (there's a diagram in the manual). Even if it is, it is only a generic one (for Pioneer) but not tied to this particular model. I'll be surprised if the same brand's remote doesn't work across the whole crop. I have several players from different brands (including 3 Pioneer from different years) and their non-identical remotes all work within the same brand. Then you're...
This thread reports issues with 240p through a Denon: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?154278-Jittery-picture-w-NES-amp-SNES-through-A-V-receiver Although the model isn't mentioned it is enough to suggest that it is potentially an issue, but when it happens it's possible to use a line doubler to put out 480p as a workaround: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432555/convert-nes-from-240p-to-480i Having said that the Denon 2312 uses Analog Device vp chip not one of...
My understanding is receivers with HDMI will generally output every video input over HDMI, i.e. transcode analogue to digital, but NOT every model will upscale SD video to HD or even has many or all types of legacy analogue video inputs. According to the SR607 manual (http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manuals/pdf/tx-sr607_manual_e.pdf) p.5 and p.25, this model will indeed output and also upscale composite and component video to 1080i via HDMI. You can usually download...
The Denon and Onkyo AVRs also have the option. That covers most AVR brands using Audyssey.It might have been a problem in the past, and IIRC only applied to 192kHz dts-HD MA but it wasn't downsampling as such, rather not able to apply Audyssey. It is unlikely to be a problem now but since you cannot capture processed digital audio out and measure it you can't be 100% sure unless the AVR has info display to tell you (mine does and it remains 192kHz). In any case there're...
Fw 2.1 is very old, at least 2-3 versions out of date.
I wrote out a long reply 2 days ago but thought I better leave it because it'd beat a dead horse or open another floodgate... No you don't 'need' a DAC esp. you're happy with your system and you ask this here where the mainstream opinion is 'all DACs sound the same'. But go to the Oppo and Cambridge Audio threads (and the thread on not happy with Oppo 105) in the BDP forum and it's completely the other way round. The Sabre DAC is THE major selling point of Oppo 95/105 and...
Yes, because of the difference in LFE handling between digital and analogue inputs, it's all explained here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/748147/lfe-subwoofers-and-interconnects-explained
Is yours made in the UK? Firmware up to date? 1. Rarely happened with mine when using HDMI. You can mute it first before switching. Or use MCH analogue inputs. 2. No issue with mine. Not sure what foul-ups you mean but since the 600 is bypassed for video it can't be responsible for any issues on the TV. 3. Don't notice it with mine. Usually it's the other way round. Set lip-sync to -5. Any settings on player and TV? Or use MCH analogue inputs or route video through it...