or Connect

Posts by Anthony R

Great thread...hopefully it lasts a long time... I've already seen some mentions here for Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms ....another good one is Sultans of Swing - The Very Best of Dire Straits. It's an HDCD, but it sounds good even on non-HDCD players
I've found the folowing DVDs to have very good sound..... Blade II (DTS) Open Range (DTS) Sin City (DTS)
I've always thought that the Sin City DVD produced an extremely clear and detailed picture....and even though it is predominantly in black and white, the occasional bursts of color came through really nicely as well. I remember this being one of the first DVDs I had played on my new Panny plasma early last year....and the video quality just seemed really top notch (and it has impressive DTS audio too). Anyone else feel the same way? Come to think of it......might be...
Anyone ?
I happened to run into the UK website concerning this issue, and two things jumped out at me: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...rd+replacement 1. There appears to be different versions of the D-Boards being used for the fix overseas, and it appears that different versions might produce different results (ex: 41.02, 41.03, 41.04). I'm not sure how this translates to the U.S. fix, but I suppose that different boards might be used here as well for the fix (and that...
I was wondering if anyone has had the following problem: I have the TH-37px60u, and whenever I watch TV using my OTA antenna, I can't get any info concerning the name of the TV show when I press the "Recall" button on the remote. The entire blue channel banner pops up at the top of the screen, and all of the info in it is displayed (ex: channel number, stationer identifier, TV show rating, signal resolution, etc) EXCEPT FOR the name of the show (the field is...
I think Sin City looks fantastic (it's a good test of a display's black levels)
I've been told that (since the actual aspect ratio for widescreen TVs is approx 1.78) only 1.78 movies (in theory) should fully fill the screen without black bars....and that 1.85 movies would still have some small black bars. Nevertheless, my experience (with a Panny plasma) is that both 1.78 movies and 1.85 movies fill my screen without any bars (and without using any of the TV's stretch modes). I think this might be due to some sort of "overscan" issue....but I'm not...
Not sure about that particular area, but I've tried to get Philly with my indoor Silver Sensor (from Sayreville...not too far from you), and the results weren't that good (lots of signal dropouts, freezing, etc.)...probably would be much better if it were outside (I know that some others in this thread have had success with Philly...but I'm not sure how close they are to your area).
My understanding is that WNBC-DT was formerly being broadcast off of the GE building in Rock Center until sometime in late 2004 (and that the signal was very "iffY"). I've heard that now NBC is broadcasting its signal from the Empire State Building on some sort of "shared" antenna with the other networks (and that the signal can still have some problems). That said, I moved my Silver Sensor up into the attic above my garage, and I get NBC fine now (along with the other...