or Connect

Posts by maxcooper

Yes, that power supply will work. -Max
I think that all you need to do is find suitable speakers and hook them up. The speakers you get will have terminals to connect the wires to. You may want to crimp or solder them to the speaker terminals, but this is common car stereo installation stuff (lots of info available on the net if you need help). I'm not recommending these speakers specifically, but here's the manual for one set (not many details, but that's because it's so...
Definitely read the manual -- it has pictures and descriptions of how to hook it up: http://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/miniDSP%20Balanced%202x4%20-%20User%20Manual%20v1.0.pdf -Max
(Note that I haven't tried cutting and wiring any of these RCA or XLR cables -- just giving you some basic ideas.) Assuming that your receiver/processor has RCA outputs that you need to connect to, you could cut the end off an RCA, connect one end to your receiver pre-outs, and wire the other end to the miniDSP. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=240-025 For the output, you could cut one end off a short XLR cable like this one, wire it the miniDSP...
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=092-190Don't forget RCA-to-XLR adapters for the inputs, if you need those, too.-Max
I recommend doing it like this: But seriously, are you still interested in wireless speakers, or to you just want to add some external speakers to your RV? Are the wires that you plan to connect to external speakers connected to any speakers now? What kind of stereo is it (in other words, what is on the non-speaker end of the speaker cables)? A picture of the stereo and/or where you want to put the speakers is worth a thousand words. A link to the kind of speakers you...
That is real active bi-amping. It doesn't matter that both amps happen to be in the same box. But this is a noob DIY misadventure. Good speakers have more complicated crossovers. You can't just pick a frequency and run high and low pass filters at that frequency and get good sound, generally. That's why you don't see anyone using pre-fab passive crossovers for their DIY speakers. Audyssey doesn't do enough to make up for baffle step, etc. What you can do is hookup a...
It may be visible on the desktop web, but I don't see it on mobile -- where are these THTs for sale? If I was a buyer that is unfamiliar with the THT, a link to BFM's page that describes it would be useful info to me. However, I suppose that I'm already deeply in the niche that would see the value in a big sub. Many potential buyers are probably under the mistaken impression that small speakers are the pinnacle of performance through the wonders of modern technology....
I have some pipe clamps, but I mostly use bar clamps when gluing up speaker boxes. The bar clamps are much easier to handle and plenty strong. You generally don't need much clamping force, as you just need to hold the parts in place while the glue dries. Here's an example of a bar clamp, though I actually use cheaper ones from harbor freight. It seems that hf doesn't sell them anymore, though. "Denali" brand clamps, which are available on amazon, are one cheap...
I used this method to flush mount my seos and it worked perfectly on the first try. And I usually screw things up on the first try. -Max