or Connect

Posts by ProvokedCashew

I'm trying wire my computer through VGA to my monitor in one room, and my TV and surround sound in another. My problem comes from trying to find a piece of equipment that will allow me to hook up a keyboard and mouse, audio equipment, and a VGA monitor in each room to my computer in one. I know wireless keyboard and mouse sets, as well as wireless audio will not work very well over 15-20 ft. Also I can not connect the audio through digital TOS, so I would have to have...
I don't mean to be rude, but why does everything else I read essentially say what I stated earlier? According to quite a few resources, basically how scaling works is by using surrounding pixels as a reference to create the new ones. As the quality of scaler increases, the greater number of original pixels are used for reference, and the amount of times they are analyzed increases. A basic scaler will use a "4 tap" system which uses the surrounding 4 pixels. "16 Tap"...
From what I understand, it looks like the upscaling receiver will add pixels to the existing information on the screen. Kind of like anti-aliasing. I understand that textures won't look any better, but at least sonic won't look like an 8-bit, jagged, blue blob. Lol
I just purchased a Sony KDL-40V4100. I have a Dreamcast (GO DC!) and a Wii, and they both look pretty bad on my big screen. So, I have a three part question. 1. I was looking into a Sony STR-DA2400ES for it's upscaling functions and price, through my work. Will the receiver make a drastic improvement with my DC and Wii upscaled to 1080p? 2. Will I see a serious amount of lag, especially from my Dreamcast which is using RCA. If it's a mater of deinterlacing,...