or Connect

Posts by rst21

Hello, I just purchased and installed a VSX-52. It's working great, except every time I shut off the power, the volume level drops back down to zero (or the minimum, which is -80). Is there a way I can have the receiver remember the volume level when I turn off the power? Or is this a defect in my unit? Thanks.
I'd like to wall mount my ST50, and ideally would use a low profile mount so it hugs the wall. However, my outlet will be right behind the TV, and the wall plug on the ST50 goes straight into the wall rather than being at 90 degrees like some other TVs. Does this mean I can't use a low profile mount? If not, can I just use a 90 degree wall adapter to solve the issue? Sorry if these are silly questions - I'm a newbie and haven't ever mounted a TV on a wall. I love...
I just purchased a SC-600 IW subwoofer but am wondering whether I made the right decision. I was going to install it into an exterior wall, but have heard that might not be a good idea due to moisture, rattling of window glass and other issues with putting in-walls into an exterior wall. But the only other wall option is a wall that backs onto my daughter's bedroom. I assume that that location would not be good for her sleep. Given this, should I just go with an floor...
I'm putting a home theater system into my 18'x14' living room, which is part of a small (1200 sf) house. There's not an obvious place to put a subwoofer that won't stick out like a sore thumb (I'm married, so need to factor that in ). Is using an in-wall subwoofer a good option for this size room? Or will it shake the walls, and therefore my house given its size? The shop I'm dealing with is recommending the Velodyne in-wall sub, which apparently is designed to reduce...
Not me. I didn't get the glasses, so when I called today about the price match and glasses, they said I could have either the glasses or the price match (their rationale being that the $1899 price was for the TV and glasses, and the current price is just for the TV, so different packages). I don't really care about 3D content so I argued a bit, but not much, and just took the price match.
So would the E7000 and E8000 be a higher level than the ST50 because they'd have a better picture, or because they have better features, or both? (And I realize that there are no professional reviews yet of the Samsungs, so maybe an unfair question.)
I saw the brightness pops, but would not say the TV is unwatchable. In fact, after a few minutes, I stopped noticing it. I think the picture for hockey is fantastic.
I wrote earlier about seeing motion on my e8000, but the picture is so much better than the LED that I'm going to stick with plasma and live with the minor annoyance. But, I'm going to return the e8000 because it's simply not worth the addition $400 from the e7000 (although I do feel lucky that mine doesn't buzz, and feel like I may be pushing my luck in replacing it). I was planning on simply replacing it with the e7000, but I've read good things about the new Panasonic...
Ughh. I hadn't heard of that before, but just Googled it. Sounds like if that's the case, I'll have problem with all plasmas.
I purchased the 60e8000 a few days ago. It's my first plasma (and I don't profess to be a TV expert). I had originially purchased a Sony EX720 as I have a very bright room, but the off angle viewing was pretty bad so I thought I'd test a plasma despite the less-than-ideal viewing conditions. I have no buzzing on my set and generally think the PQ is fantastic. The issue I'm having is when watching hockey, there are noticeable changes in brightness. I have the...